1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USAHD issues?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by dthoman, Jul 15, 2012.

1. dthoman

dthoman Legend

Aug 22, 2006
    Anyone having reception issues? Both audio drop outs and video interruptions. Every receiver and all programs. Same drop outs at same place on same programs on same receivers.

2. Xsabresx

Xsabresx Icon

Oct 8, 2007
    I had it on in the bedroom (H24) all day and would catch NCIS when I would go to put stuff away while doing laundry. Never noticed an issue. Last time I was in there was around 6pm CDT (4pm PDT)

3. dthoman

dthoman Legend

Aug 22, 2006
    This on recordings. I rarely watch live so I don't know.

4. Racer88

Racer88 Icon

Sep 12, 2006
    Thursday night primetime was horrible. (Burn Notice and Suits)

5. hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    I have noticed this for at least a week, perhaps longer. USA is not the only channel I've seen it on. Sometimes it produces such a glitch that it causes the Onkyo HT amp to stop decoding, and I have to either rewind or ff to get the sound to sync up again.

6. shedberg

shedberg Icon

Jan 20, 2007
    Yep, I have noticed it too. Especially on Thursdays. If you rewind a recording it is still there and was pretty disruptive last Thursday.

7. terryfoster

terryfoster Godfather

Nov 14, 2006
    Hmm... Thought it was just me. I guess not, so count me in with the lot that's experiencing these issues.

8. dthoman

dthoman Legend

Aug 22, 2006
    It happens on all my primetime shows, Burn Notice, Royal Pain, Necessary Roughness. It was so bad last week I could barely watch the shows. I plan on calling Directv about it but wanted to see if it was a known issue first. It seems like a lot of people are having problems but they think it's just their problem. I guess it more wide spread. Since it was was on all tvs and receivers I figured it was USA broadcast issue!

Maybe we should call in and notifiy Directv!

9. boukengreen

boukengreen Legend

Sep 22, 2009
    i didn't see any problems with burn notice this week and i had it recorded as well

10. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    I had issues, but I thought it was just a problem with Whole Home. I paused the recording for a couple seconds and then started playing it again and they played fine. Figured that meant it was just a Whole Home issue, but sounds like others had it too so I don't know. All I know is that after I paused it they all played fine (at least Burn Notice, Suits, and Common Law, since I have watched those 3, haven't watched any Royal Pains yet this season as the wife and I have been busy at different times and we watch it together).

11. dthoman

dthoman Legend

Aug 22, 2006
    Really bad last night watching Covert Affairs. It also happend on NBC watching American Warriors.

12. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    Same here. Thought it was my HD going south (this old HR20 is about due), then remembered this thread. I gave up in the middle, marked it to keep to keep those disk segments from being re-used in the meanwhile, and set it to record a later showing.

I'll have to pay attention to see if I experience the same thing on other channels than USAHD.

13. dthoman

dthoman Legend

Aug 22, 2006
    I thought the same thing, old HR receivers. So I checked other receivers in the house and all of them do the same thing. I was hoping not to replace my HR receivers until I have to, only because I wishing that DTV comes out with wireless receivers like ATT!

14. D_Thomas

D_Thomas Mentor

Jul 5, 2002
    Must have been happening for several hours on USAHD. There were multiple video and audio interruptions during the series premiere of Political Animals that aired right after Covert Affairs. Hope someone is looking into this since it is so widespread.

15. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    Uh oh. Recorded Political Animals but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Maybe I'd best record another showing on this one too, just in case...

16. Racer88

Racer88 Icon

Sep 12, 2006
    White Collar was flawless last night. Had to record the west coast time slot due to rain wiping out part of the east coast time slot airing. I've fallen behind a couple of weeks on all the other series so no idea what they look like yet.

17. Jeffro

Jeffro AllStar

Dec 23, 2006
    Yes, I have noticed the video pixilation along with the audio dropouts too. I have noticed this about the last 6 weeks on WWE Monday Night Raw. I wish this would be fixed, especially by now.

18. Racer88

Racer88 Icon

Sep 12, 2006
    ....and Thursday night, east coast prime time, showings are plagued with glitches again. Going to record the west coast time slots and see how they compare.

EDIT:
    I've now watched the last two eps of Royal Pains (7/11 and 7/18) and seeing more of the same. The 7/18 ep was really bad.

19. Racer88

Racer88 Icon

Sep 12, 2006
    Ok the second, "west coast" airings of Burn Notice and Suits are as one would expect every showing to be. Pretty much flawless.

This would seem to indicate the mux of channels on this transpoder is not working very well during east coast prime time when the other channels that are also on this transponder are likely all using higher bitrates than they are during the later showings.

20. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    I also have noticed this on USA HD. However, I only see this while streaming from my HR23 to my HR24. No problem when watching the show directly on the HR23 is fine.
    My MRV is unsupported using my LAN. If this was the cause, I should be having problems with all shows streamed from the HR23.