1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Season Pass for baseball games

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by CAL7, May 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CAL7

CAL7 Legend

Dec 16, 2003
    I think I will be violating the cliché that there are no stupid questions, but I have searched here and tivocommunity and cannot find my problem addressed. All I want to do is record all first-run broadcasts of Yankee games on YES, from the pregame to postgame show (with padding for long games).

I can't record the pregame show alone, because I can only add 3 hours to the end. So, I think the best way is to record the pregame show with 3 hours and record the postgame show with 1.5 hours added. My problem is that I cannot seem to get a season pass for the pregame show. It does not offer me the "Get a season pass" option. Is this because it does not look like a TV series?

Strangely - and I don't know how I got it - I seem to have a season pass for the postgame show that works just like I want. All the upcoming showings are in the TO-DO list with the 1.5 hour extension.

I have tried a wishlist for the pregame, but it only finds the immediate next showing; which I don't understand.

Is there a proven methodology for recording games? I wouldn't mind if it found games on other channels (local WCBS or national FOX/ESPN broadcasts), but they are rare enough that I can cope with that manually. Thanks!

2. Curtis0620

Curtis0620 Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Keyword Wishlist.

3. HarryD

HarryD Icon

Mar 24, 2002
    Lehigh...
    How are you going to do this living in Orlando?? If you subbed to MLB Extra innings, certain Yankee games will be carried on the other team's network.
    (Or did you "move"?)

4. Curtis0620

Curtis0620 Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    On the MLB Extra Innings Channels (754-768). You have all the out-of-town sports networks removed from the channels you receive list.

5. CAL7

CAL7 Legend

Dec 16, 2003
    Uhh... I am in my summer home in NJ during most of BB season.

6. Jun 3, 2004 #6 of 12
    CAL7

CAL7 Legend

Dec 16, 2003
    I have a wishlist entry for "yankees pregame" that is set to autorecord to stop 3 hours after end. This works very strangely. It does not autorecord, but if I check the wishlist upcoming programs list, it only shows the immediate next event. I have not touched the wishlist in weeks, but it never records automatically, and it never sees an event in the future (beyond next immediate), and it always sees the next immediate event as an upcoming episode. I have adopted the procedure of going to the wishlist each day, selecting the upcoming event, and setting record (having to add the 3 hour pad each time).

The wishlist seems like it should do what I want automatically for every event; but it does not. It doesn't see future events and it forgets the stop recording pad option.

7. Jun 4, 2004 #7 of 12
    gglockner

gglockner AllStar

Mar 25, 2004
    It sounds like the recording is too low in the priorities. Double check where the wishlist is in the season pass manager. Or you may have it set to "save until I delete" and a limit on the number of recordings.

8. Jun 4, 2004 #8 of 12
    CAL7

CAL7 Legend

Dec 16, 2003
    Thanks. I will check the "save until I delete" and number limit tonight - seems logical that might be the problem. But, it is the top priority in the Season Pass Manager.

9. Jun 7, 2004 #9 of 12
    cnsf

cnsf Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 6, 2002
    Please let me know your final "successful" result in detail. I have not been able to Tivo Yankee games (only) on YES successfully. I'd be happy to Tivo the pre and post game if it meant having the latest game available each day.

10. CAL7

CAL7 Legend

Dec 16, 2003
    I think I finally have it working, for which I credit gglockner's suggestions to not "save until I delete". In any case, here are my settings:

Wishlist 1: YANKEES PREGAME
    Keep at Most: 2 episodes
    First run only
    Keep Until: Space needed
    Stop recording: 3 hours longer

Wishlist 2: YANKEES POSTGAME
    Keep at Most: 2 episodes
    First run only
    Keep Until: Space needed
    Stop recording: 1.5 hours longer

The TO-DO list shows everything set in the future. One problem is that occasionally YES doesn't have a pregame show (e.g. 6/12); but there is a postgame show on that date. I have to watch out for these instances and record it manually.

And, this doesn't pick up the games on Fox, ESPN, or WCBS. The problem I am having is getting the title right. The title for a game is usually "Team A at Team B". So I need "at New York Yankees" and "New York Yankees at". I have created two wishlists to auto-record these, but the TO-DO list shows some and not others. I will have to see how it works over time.

11. cnsf

cnsf Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 6, 2002
    Sometimes I saw the titles using the "@" sign. If there were a way to include symbols in Wishlists, this might do it....

12. CAL7

CAL7 Legend

Dec 16, 2003
    My limited sampling showed that even when the title had "@", the description had "at". I am using a keyword search that I think finds the description.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.