1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vansterdam

Discussion in 'The OT' started by lee635, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lee635

lee635 Hall Of Fame

Apr 17, 2002
    "On Vancouver's Hastings Street, a gentlemen's agreement with police allows people in that area to smoke pot, so long as no other drug dealing or use takes place.

One bar's motto is, "This is a respectable joint." Many bars even have a "munchies" menu for post pot-smoking eating binges.

But U.S. drug czar John Walters said the city's lax attitude has turned British Columbia into a drug-smuggling hot spot and noted that marijuana drug seizures have tripled along the northwest border of that province via car, truck, plane, boat and backpack for the past three years."

HEHE, he said vansterdam.

Good Lord they sit around smoke pot in pot bars and eat munchies. We definately need to stop this at the border.

link

2. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    I suppose whether this is a good thing or a bad thing depends upon which side of the fence you are on. :smoking:

3. Strong

Strong Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 30, 2003
    "Vancouver's mayor not only wants to legalize marijuana but wants the governor to grow, sell and tax it to keep it out of the hands of criminals and to raise money for drug treatment programs."

Wow..what a concept! I believe all drug use should be decriminalized. Prohibition didn't work in the 20's and it will never work. Let the addicts get their fix from an 'authorized source' and take the profit out of illegal drug dealing. Just imagine how our law enforcement, prison, legal, personal protection, etc budgets would drop if drug addicts didn't have to commit crimes in order to feed their habits. If someone is inclined to use drugs, the potential penalties are not a deterrent.

I once heard that the markup on heroin is over 1000% due to the drug laws. Personally, I'd rather an addict only have to pan handle $1 to get their fix vs. having to hit little old ladies over the head or break into my home or car to steal $100.

4. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    But Strong, what WOULD AG Ashcroft do with all his time if he didn't have pot smokers to bust? He might have to turn to preparing cases against some of the thousands of "detainees" the government has on hold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.