Versus on Dish Network

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by cborjon, Nov 13, 2009.

1. cborjon

cborjon Cool Member

Aug 13, 2008
    I am hosting a tailgate next weekend and the Cal/Stanford game is being broadcast on Versus. We normally have a generator and watch satellite TV in the parking lot before, during, and after our game. Problem is I am a Directv subscriber and there is the Directv/Comcast dispute going on so we are SOL for trying to get the game at the tailgate for those who don't go into the game.

However, I have a good friend who is a Dish subscriber, and he has volunteered to bring his receiver to the game. He doesn't want to take the dish off his roof, but he will bring his receiver.

So now we just need a Dish net work dish - which we may still go out and buy. However, back in the day of the JVC combo D-VHS Dish Network Satellite receiver (what a great box that was), I used to be a DISH subscriber. I still have a legacy Dish 500 18'' satellite dish in storage. I also did some searching and Versus is on E*11 at 110. My question is could I use the newer receiver that my friend has with my old Dish 500 and point it at 110 to pick up just Versus?

Thanks for any help or ideas.

2. jsk

jsk Icon

Dec 27, 2006
    Fallston, MD
    They still use the Dish 500 for 119 & 110 so it should work. You might want to test it out to make sure everything is still in working order.

3. jsk

jsk Icon

Dec 27, 2006
    Fallston, MD
    One more thing. If you want it in HD, then you will need to point the Dish 500 at 61.5. However, I'm not sure if you have to have it pointed at 110 and/or 119.

4. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    It would be rather hard to get 61.5 at a tailgate in California. If you want it in HD aim for 129.