1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very Interesting

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Dalek1963, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dalek1963

Dalek1963 Legend

Nov 18, 2006
    Hi,
    I find it very interesting how some complain that I don't get ______ local channel in hd, when some of us still have to have a second provider, like cable just to get sd local channels.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    OK.

3. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    The good news is that in the filings with the FCC regarding the transition from News Corp. ownership to Liberty Media, DIRECTV reaffirmed their plan to have all 210 DMAs covered for local SD channels by some point in 2008 (don't think I saw a date within 2008.)

So your locals should be coming soon. (Ok soon is the wrong word...)

Cheers,
    Tom

4. Dolly

Dolly Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    Really a remark was made about me not posting as much lately, but everything seems to be about HD. I don't have HD and it will probably be years before I do so that doesn't leave me much to post about :(

5. Ext 721

Ext 721 Icon

Feb 26, 2007
    No matter how priveleged a person is, they do tend to yearn/whine for more... Just having a computer with internet sets you head and shoulders above what...75% of the people on the planet?

But want is a sticky bugger. Billionaires who can afford to buy small towns still yearn for more. As soon as someone else gets something we begin to feel...in a small way....entitled to the same thing.

It's not bad to want, but to feel entitled to something other than food, water, shelter,safety can be dangerous.

6. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    Are you kidding? Want is the greatest driving force the human race knows! Want is why the United States leads the world. Without want, there is no progress. Unless you break the law in the name of want, no harm can come from it.

7. hambonewd

hambonewd Legend

Feb 7, 2007
    i love food water shelter and safety

8. morgantown

morgantown Icon

Nov 15, 2005
    ...and HD :).

9. ApK

ApK Icon

Mar 6, 2006
    "Poor man want to be rich, rich man want to be king, and the king ain't satisified until he rules everything." -- Bruce Springsteen

Good luck on that safety enititlement...let me know what cave on what planet you decide to hole up in.
    Around here, you're entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Everything else, you'll have to work for.
    ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.