1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Freezing

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jps6468, Oct 5, 2010.

1. jps6468

jps6468 Mentor

Sep 20, 2007
    I have an HR20-700. It has been frequently experiencing episodes where the video freezes but the audio keeps playing. I ran the HD diagnostics (disk surface scan) as was suggested to a posted problem yesterday. I started the scan and then went to bed. When I looked at it this AM, the programming had resumed but I couldn't see what the scan had detected or fixed. Is there a way to recover it?

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Dont know the answer, but you might check the History file.
    BTW, just a guess here...if the audio doesnt stop, only the video, I would suspect an overheating video component or software issue, not the hard drive. If it was the hard drive, both should be affected.

3. davemayo

davemayo Hall Of Fame

Nov 17, 2005
    I've been having this same problem on an HR20-100. I called to get a replacement under the protection plan because there are several other problems with this box, includng the loss of tuner 2. They insisted on sending a technician out, but the earliest appt was Sunday morning. So I have to suffer another week with a box that constantly freezes, reboots, hangs on "receiver self-check," etc.