1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vip 211k will not power up, no lights at all please help

Discussion in 'ViP211(411)/211K/222 Support Forum' started by Sunny Mann, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Sunny Mann

Sunny Mann New Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Vip 211k will not power up, no lights at all please help

2. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Call DISH for a replacement.

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    check if AC power feeding your power outlet

4. LifehackerSupreme

LifehackerSupreme New Member

Apr 23, 2018
    Call Dish for a replacement.

Do not refuse to troubleshoot though, but rather play dumb as if you did all the steps they ask you to.

For example, when they ask you *where is the receiver located at?* make sure to reply with *it has at least 4 inches of space on all sides.* When they ask you to plug it directly to the outlet on the wall, say that it already is and it's always been. And the Power button is in perfect condition no matter what.

Demand to also have a technician sent to your house. Trust me. Dish cares about your experience so much that they're dead scared of you sending them a bad survey, so they will eventually yield to send you both a replacement AND a technician.

Hope that helps.

5. satcrazy

satcrazy Icon

Mar 15, 2011
    Great...

Not always.
    They sent me a different receiver because mine does a hard reboot when trying to change the SD format.
    I had to insist on PPD label because I figured this isn't my fault. They finally agreed. Ive been a suber for quite awhile.
    I see they have eliminated a feedback at the end of your call to them [ "tell us how Dish is doing"] I always left comments, mostly good. I feel I got better service when I choose the feedback option. I don't expect Dish to pay my bill, but their perks have been drying up recently. They need to do better in this age of "Internet" streaming.

6. NYDutch

NYDutch DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 28, 2013
    If you know the outlet is working properly, try unplugging the receiver, wait 30 seconds, and plug it back in. A number of circuits in the receiver stay alive even when turned off normally, and something may have locked up. A full power off reset may correct it.

7. LifehackerSupreme

LifehackerSupreme New Member

Apr 23, 2018
    You just need to give them your email address. And they will send you the survey.