VIP 622 stuck zoom OTA

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by keitheva, Mar 15, 2011.

1. keitheva

keitheva Legend

Aug 23, 2002
    When viewing SD OTA channel on VIP 622, after pressing "*" to change aspect ratio to zoom, if I don't change it back to normal before leaving that station, the next OTA channel I watch will be in zoom mode, and the "*" button just cycles through the modes but has no effect, stays stuck in zoom mode for all OTA channels. Reboot will clear it.

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    E.Mdtrn Sea
    As usual ...

3. MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Does it happen if you go to a Sat channel, then back to OTA? Sounds like a software bug.

4. keitheva

keitheva Legend

Aug 23, 2002
    Yes. If I change an OTA channel to zoom, then exit that channel without going back to normal, it doesn't matter where I go in between, all subsequent OTA channels will be stuck in zoom.

5. MattG@DISH Network

Jan 6, 2011
    Does anyone else who the same problem? keitheva can you PM your phone number/account number and I'll get a report put in for you.

6. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    I watched an SD recording of an OTA sub-channel in Zoom mode on Sunday. Just went to that channel live, it was in Zoom, and I was able to cycle through the modes. Left it on Zoom, went to the -01 HD channel and was able to cycle through then on to another SD sub-channel and also able to cycle through.

7. 4bama

4bama Godfather

Aug 6, 2006
    My 622 stays in the last mode selected for all channels...I just return to "Normal" mode after playing with the other modes...

I don't know if this is the firmware design intent, but as I recall it's always "remembered" the last mode selected...

8. MattG@DISH Network

Jan 6, 2011
    I'll hook up the 622 we have in a test room this evening and see f I can duplicate.

On another note, there is known issue where the format will not change after exiting TWC interactive app, and TV2's video does not fill up the entire screen.

9. 4bama

4bama Godfather

Aug 6, 2006
    I just confirmed on my 622 (using Dish channels only...did not try OTA yet)...but whatever format mode you select with the "*" format button is kept for all channels...changing from SD to HD channels does not alter the last selection you made with the format control..

Only by selecting a different format ("Normal" for me) did the format change, and then it's changed for any channel selected to "Normal"...so, the 622 does store the last format selection you made and use that for all channels until you change the format again.

10. keitheva

keitheva Legend

Aug 23, 2002
    The point about my problem is not that it stays on whatever mode was last selected until you press "*" again, but that it stays on whatever mode was last selected, even when "*" is pressed. i.e. pressing "*" does not change the aspect, as described in my original post.

Lucky you all those that don't have the problem :)

11. Mokanic

Mokanic AllStar

Jan 29, 2007
    Just a thought;

There was a "bug" a couple of updates ago where there was aspect ratio issues with one of the tuners (mostly noticeable with HD PiP). The format * button was what made me think of this again. The issue was persistent through at least two updates and a few of us were able to resolve our issue by enabling shared view (Menu, 6, 2) while in single mode.

I have not disabled it since then to see if the issue is still there.

You could look at that and see if you have another side effect of code updates which may affect other things unintentionally.

David

12. rthomp03

rthomp03 Mentor

Sep 28, 2005
    Mine was fixed with a restore to Factory Defaults.