1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIP 722 Info popup

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by jonatay, May 20, 2008.

1. jonatay

jonatay New Member

May 20, 2008
    I just got this DVR last saturday and noticed that every now and then out of the blue, the Info Screen pops up in the middle of a show without pushing any buttons. I have made sure that all updates are completed. Sometimes it will show the popup once during a 2 hour period, other times it will show it 2 or 3 times during a half hour show. Any suggestions? or anyone else experiencing this?

2. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Have you tried changing the remote code?

3. jonatay

jonatay New Member

May 20, 2008
    I have not tried that yet, but I will. I assume you are talking about the UHF remote, correct?

4. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Yes. It could be a neighbor with the same remote code as yours.

5. jonatay

jonatay New Member

May 20, 2008
    I changed the codes as suggested and have no longer had a problem. I would like to point something out though that may be only related to this model. When you change the code in the menu and hit the "select" key on the remote to save the changes, it does not change. I couldn't figure out why, so I called tech support. By accident we found that the only way to save the changes is by using the select button on the DVR itself instead of the remote. So if anyones asks about the changes not saving. Here's the answer.

Thanks for the help!

6. SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg Active Member

Aug 30, 2004
    Thank goodness. Otherwise you would have changed the RF Address on both your neighbor's 722 and also yours. :rolleyes:

7. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    That's actually intelligent design at work... because if your neighbor does have the same remote code as you, then allowing change of the code via remote would ensure you and your neighbor always shared the same code.