1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIP211k Commercial receiver DVR activation

Discussion in 'ViP211(411)/211K/222 Support Forum' started by Mark CS, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Mark CS

Mark CS New Member

Aug 13, 2017
    I live in an apartment complex that supplies us with a VIP211k receiver & programming. I emailed Dish a few days ago & asked if I could pay the $39.99 fee to activate the DVR feature on the receiver assigned to my apartment. Thus far I have got no response. Will Dish do this for an apartment dweller such as myself by giving them the receiver & smart card number even though it's not actually registered to my name? If not, could the landlord do it if I paid him or is this a feature not available to commercial accounts?

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    if you have personal bills from dish, eg own account

3. Mark CS

Mark CS New Member

Aug 13, 2017
    There are 36 receivers on this account. If Dish does allow DVR activation on a commercial account do they do each receiver individually? I seriously doubt that they would activate all 36 receivers for the $39.99 fee like they would a personal account. I'm really just interested in turning it on for myself, not for everyone in the complex.

4. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Seeing you don't own the account I think you would need to contact the Company that actually provides your DISH Service.