VIP211K Firmware change

Discussion in 'ViP211(411)/211K/222 Support Forum' started by etoghi, Nov 19, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. etoghi

etoghi New Member

Nov 19, 2016
    Toronto
    Hi guys,
    I live in Canada and my provider, Bell Canada, uses a receiver identical to VIP211K however they call it Bell 6131.
    Somehow I bought a VIP211K and tried to activate it however, I am not receiving picture and also my signal strength for satellites 91 and 82 is always around 50%. Please note that I am getting close to 100 using my Bell 6131.

Does anybody know if there is a way to update the VIP211K firmware with what I have on my 6131? I am sure it will work once I change the firmware.

Thank you.

2. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Even though both receivers are similar and I have gotten the Bell barker channels on my old Dish receiver from the U.S., You cannot use a Dish receiver to sub to Bell or a Bell receiver to sub to Dish. I have an old 905 satellite receiver that picks up the DCII FTA channels from Canada from the U.S., but I cannot sub to Shaw using that receiver.

3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Not something we discuss here.

Return the receiver and get the correct receiver for the service for your country.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.