1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vip722k and DishComm modem

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by intheboonies, Sep 16, 2017.

1. intheboonies

intheboonies New Member

Sep 16, 2017
    I have been using a dish network satellite system with a Vip722K receiver and a DishComm modem since 2010. I have never had either a phone line or ethernet cable plugged into the receiver. Dish on demand was working with no issues until at least August 12th 2017(the last time I watched a movie). The next time I tried, it refused to work. I have dealt with four different customer service reps since then. The first was a chat with 'Melissa', who had no clue what a Dishcomm modem is, and when I told her I have been using Dish on demand for years with NO phone line or ethernet cable actually plugged in the the receiver, she responded with 'that's impossible' and disconnected. I had one more chat with someone who also did not know what I was talking about, but had the sense to give me a number to call. Called the number. Third person also did not know what a Dishcomm modem was, but went off to ask someone else. She came back with an answer. I was to get a Phonex easy jack. Problem solved - I thought. Got the easy jack, plugged it in, everything lit up exactly as it was supposed to. I managed - after some messing around with the installation/ analysis menus to get the caller ID working and a message that I had a connection. But still no Dish on demand. So, on to person number four, who told me that the Phonex easy jack was NOT a replacement for the Dishcom modem- that it only was used for caller id, but not for Dish on Demand, and that for that to work I had to have an internet connection. Of course, my internet ( also satellite) is installed on the opposite side of the house. We were trying to come up with some other solution when the call was dropped.

So... any ideas??

2. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Hard wire the 722K to the modem and see if it will connect.

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    may you post good photos of your dish LNBF Tx/Rx ,I would guess, and the dishComm modem itself ?