VIP722K purchased from 3rd party-Can it be authorized if using same smart card?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by LisaBraddock, Nov 2, 2020.

1. LisaBraddock

LisaBraddock New Member

Nov 2, 2020
    Can a refurbished VIP722K purchased from ebay be authorized or activated on my account if replacing a VIP722K that doesn't work anymore? If I take the smart card out of my old one and put it in the new one will it work? I haven't been able to get a straight answer on this. I do not want to upgrade.

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Only DISH can answer that question 100%. You will not be able to move a smart card from another receiver - but DISH may provide a new card if the receiver you buy is missing the card.

harsh likes this.
  3. LisaBraddock

LisaBraddock New Member

Nov 2, 2020
    Dish sent me a replacement 722K but the new one is stuck on the "starting up" screen again just like my old one.I tried troubleshooting the new 722K using an extension cord in another outlet but still stuck on "starting up" screen. I'm wondering what's going on. My old 722K that i've had for years and years just one day got stuck in the "starting up" cycle and the brand new one they sent me is doing the same thing.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    perhaps you could make extensive checkup of your setup: a dish alignment , LNBF, switch, cabling, F-connectors, grounding, etc

5. LisaBraddock

LisaBraddock New Member

Nov 2, 2020
    A third party Dish vendor came and said it was a bad unit and gave me a new one. He was able to get that one working, updated software, got a picture. I turned it off. I went to turn it back on a few hours later and back to the starting up screen cycling. The technician refused to go up and check the satellite, cables, LNB's etc. Now he's coming back tomorrow again and hopefully give it a thorough check. He thinks its the power source but i've already tried with extension cords plugging the unit in to outlets outside the room on a different breaker. He hooked up the computer to the SAT cable and said there was nothing wrong with that when he was out today. I am perplexed.