VIP722K watch one live while recording one

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by dishdude1999, Jul 23, 2010.

1. dishdude1999

dishdude1999 Cool Member

Jul 23, 2010
    I have a friend with the VIP722 rec. The problem they are having is they want to watch one channel live while they reord another channel. Like record Letterman watch Leno at the same time, same tv. I know directv, but have not used dishnet for along time so I am not sure how this works. Thanks for help in advance.

2. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    The 722 which you reference in your post has 2 sat tuners and 1 OTA tuner. You can watch 1 of them live and record on 1 or both of the others. You can record on all 3 and watch a recorded program.

The 722K which you mention in the subject has 2 sat tuners and if the subscribers ordered the OTA module that will give 2 OTA tuners. Record up to 4 tuners while watching a recorded program or record up to 3 tuners while watching 1 live program.

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Supplementing above...

Only in single mode do you have the ability to use 3 (or 4 for the K model) tuners on the same TV.

IF in dual mode, then each TV gets one of the SAT tuners. A K model has access to OTA from both TVs, while a 722 (non-K) only has access to OTA if being recorded.