Voice remote ?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Tiny, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Tiny

Tiny Mentor

Feb 1, 2009
    Got a Hopper upgrade with voice remote and can’t seem to get it to work What google devices will be needed I thought all you need was a Hopper with voice remote thanks for any advice ...

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    For basic functions you need to pair the Hopper with Google Assistant on your Android phone. If you have additional Google devices they will be connected through Google Assistant.

3. neilo

neilo AllStar

Aug 7, 2006
    Maryland
    I got one of those voice remotes in the mail and still haven't bothered to open the box. Not worth the bother yet.

4. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    My free voice remote is still in the box. I don't want anything that connects to Google in the house.

5. Tiny

Tiny Mentor

Feb 1, 2009
    So far my voice remote will not work with my hopper sling spent hours on phone with the so called dish problem solver experts lol it only will work in the text mode I’ve give up, dish needs to pull those commercials with the property brothers lol

6. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    I thought it only worked with the hopper 3

7. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    Not sure about that. I have two hopper 2 and they sent me a free voice remote

8. NYDutch

NYDutch DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 28, 2013
    I have two Hopper 2's also, and they sent me one as well. It worked ok, but I prefer the 40.0 remotes so it sits in the box as a spare.

9. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The voice remote (and Google Assistant) works on the original Hopper. It should work on all of them.