1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Voom - no guide info after 11pm PT

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by plasmacat, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plasmacat

plasmacat Legend

Mar 14, 2007
    For the past week (at least - maybe longer) when 11pm rolls around PT many of the Voom channels have no guide information - the guide says Off Air and of course they are not off the air. I am in SF Bay Area.

2. mattfast1

mattfast1 Legend

Mar 26, 2008
    That's wrong guide info from the guide providor (TV Guide).

Complain to them.

3. jimborst

jimborst Legend

Jun 13, 2006
    I just checked my guide and I have all the data there and at no time was there an "off air" message. I went as far as my 622 has data to. I would say you must have some kind of problem. BTW guide data is from Tribune media services.

4. CABill

CABill Hall Of Fame

Mar 20, 2005
    I'm not sure what plasmacat meant, but one way to read the post is that AT 11PM PDT, the guide data (that may have been correct on a DVR's 9 day guide) says Off Air. Even if he has a DVR, the current and next program sent on all transponders gets shown in the guide instead of what was retrieved from the 44 hour EPG or 9 day EEPG.

Just a different way to read the words - no idea if that was what was meant (and DISH stopped sending Voom to me - MPEG2).

5. kb7oeb

kb7oeb Icon

Jun 16, 2004
    i've seen it too on all the channels on transponder 22 on the 129 sat. It doesn't show up in advance .

6. kb7oeb

kb7oeb Icon

Jun 16, 2004
    Checked tonight and didn't see any off air channels

7. plasmacat

plasmacat Legend

Mar 14, 2007
    Last night the guide was OK again and showed programs for all the Voom channels for 11pm and beyond. We'll see what happens in the future. What I mean is: I pull up the guide at say 10:30pm to see what's on at 11pm and beyond and for many Voom channels it says Off Air. But last night it was OK and showed programs.

8. nsps

nsps Cool Member

Jan 4, 2008
    I've been experiencing the same thing, Plasmacat. I assumed maybe they were going to start going dead in the wee hours (instead of repeating programming), but there's always been stuff on.

9. sam fisher

sam fisher Cool Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Darn! I was hoping they were making room for some real national HD channels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.