Voom's sign off

Discussion in 'VoomTalk.Com (Closed Forum)' started by music_beans, May 1, 2005.

1. music_beans

music_beans Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2003
    What did the VOOM channels show when they shut down on April 30th at around 3:00am? (testcards?)

2. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    I felt a momentary sadness when I woke up early (5-ish) Sunday, turn on my new flat panel tv/mon and saw that the VOOM programming had gone dark. The Moto receiver showed "No Signal" for the channels I checked, but pressing the VOOM button got the 'Sign up with Dish' message, so I called a Dish CSR from bed and had 10 of my VOOM channels back in a matter of minutes.

Color me a happy camper! :D

3. kspeters

kspeters Mentor/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 12, 2003
    So Nick, you must have legacy equipment then?
    I've got dishpro and need to do some changing to get the voom channels I think ;-(

4. shaun-ohio

shaun-ohio Icon

Aug 24, 2002
    zanesville ohio
    yep same here i have the super dish which is a dish pro and the voom dish pointed at 61.5 but when i hook the voom dish up to the 811 all you get is these channels from voom plus a few free ones that dish has on 61.5, but i lose my other programming from the superdish and i dont care for that is there a way to hook up both the voom dish and the superdish to the 811?