1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walking on Water

Discussion in 'Laughter Is The Best Medicine' started by Nick, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    A young man had heard that his father, grandfather and great-grandfather had all walked on water on their 21st birthdays.

So, on his 21st birthday, and with no delusion or any religious connection to this action, just family tradition, his older brother and he headed out to the lake. "If they did it, I can too!" he insisted.

When the brothers arrived at the lake, they rented a canoe and began paddling. When they got to the middle of the lake, the birthday boy stepped off of the side of the boat... and nearly drowned.

Furious and somewhat embarrassed, he and his brother headed for home. When he arrived back at the family home, he asked his grandmother for an explanation. "Grandma," he asked, "why can't I walk on water like my father, my grandfather, and his father before him?"

His grandmother took him by the hand, looked into his eyes, and explained, "That's because your father, grandfather, and great-grandfather were born in January. You, my dear, were born in June.

jimmie57 likes this.