Wally Reciver Software Update

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by rv7plt, Aug 5, 2019.

1. rv7plt

rv7plt New Member

Nov 13, 2016
    Alabama
    Can anyone tell me if the Wally wifi adapter is capable of updating the Wally software? A Dish support guy my antenna is not finding the satellites because it needs to updated. I do not have access to an ethernet connection.

John in Fl

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Low chance … dish STB FW could not have a driver for it

3. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    Dish software updates are ALWAYS done via the satellite.

If your receiver is factory fresh, you MAY need to use a fixed dish rather than a tailgator to get the initial load.

4. rv7plt

rv7plt New Member

Nov 13, 2016
    Alabama

5. rv7plt

rv7plt New Member

Nov 13, 2016
    Alabama
    My software was updated 15 months ago. Can it change so much in that time that it cannot find the satellites now?

6. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    What dish are you using, and was it aimed before correctly ? More important - what is it currently aimed at ?

Dish does occaisionally change things (to thwart hackers as well) regarding signals coming down. Was this receiver always in your possession, or did you get it from someone else ? It also sounds like it may not have been in continous service - this can cause issues.

Your authorized Dish installer should have a Sat meter that works independent of the receiver, so he should be able to aim it regardless of the state of your receiver. Once aimed and your receiver hooked up to dish, you need to goto settings, diagnostics, then down to Dish, then 5 (Test Installation). Your receiver should see the satellites you're supposed to receive once the test is run. You will need to be able to receive either Western Arc (110,119,129) or eastern Arc (61,5, 72.7, maybe 77 if you have a 1000.4 dish/ LNB).

What Locals are you supposed to receive ? (Nearest TV market). This can make a difference which set of satellites you should be receiving.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  7. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    nope