1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted: Play a group

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Keybounce, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Keybounce

Keybounce Legend

Jun 19, 2009
    I want to be able to play a group of shows. For example: Select the group "Life", hit "play group", and watch 11 shows play all day.

Currently, you can only play one show. When it stops, you have to select the next show to play.

Order: Since the episode # is often wrong (and the original air date more accurate), I want to be able to choose between:
    1. Actual recording order
    2. Episode #
    3. Original air date order

With some smarts (if a showing was broken up and recorded in parts, play the parts in order -- essentially, break air date ties with episode #, break air date and episode # ties by recording order).

Finally, remember where in the group you left off, so that later I can say "resume group playback".

2. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    This has been asked for before, and would be GREAT if they could find a way to do it.

3. ShapeShifter

ShapeShifter Godfather

Apr 21, 2008
    I haven't tried it myself, but maybe you can do it with an external hard drive?

When I have shows on an external hard drive that I want to move onto the internal drive, I go down the list checking off the shows I want, and once the selection is made I move over to the action buttons and select the action to restore them to the internal drive. That goes ahead and moves all of the selected shows.

There is another action button to delete all of the selected shows, and that also works on the full selected list.

One more action button is "Play." While I've used it to play back individual shows from the external drive, I've not tried it when there is a bunch of shows selected. My guess is that it would play all of the selected shows, one after the other.

Anybody tried playing multiple shows from an external drive? What happens?

4. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    You guess wrong. The Play button should have been grayed out if multiple programs are selected. I guess they missed that when they "tested" the EHD.

5. ShapeShifter

ShapeShifter Godfather

Apr 21, 2008
    Oh well, it was worth a try... :(

6. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    It used to be that you could select multiple programs on the EHD and have the Play button available. The one time I tried it, it came back with an error pop-up saying I could only play one selection at a time. Nowadays, the Play is grayed out, or so it's been reported. I haven't tried to play multiples since the first time I got my wrist slapped. :D

7. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    It's still that way. It doesn't work.