1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning: Do not use the same email account for Directv and Directv Now

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by raott, Jun 17, 2018.

1. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    For anyone who is using the three month trial for Directv, use a different email. I made the huge mistake of using the same email and now am locked out of the HBO Go and Showtime apps. Even though I subscribe to those packages with Directv (but not Directv Now) it is telling me I do not have a subscription go either, as it is apparently only checking the Directv Now account (even when I specifically tell the app that I am a Directv customer). And of course, support is useless.

2. PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    Did you expect anything different

3. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    I guess I set my expectations too high hoping that: I wouldn't be transferred back and forth six times on chat, three times on the phone (on a terrible phone connection from halfway across the globe speaking with someone who doesn't have Directv, doesn't have HBO and doesn't have Showtime), only to have them try and blame HBO, Showtime and me.

On the upside, I did find a Reddit thread with others who have the exact same issue and there appears to be a workaround. For anyone else who has the issue, apparently you can create a secondary user for the mobile apps, with a different email and it let's you use the apps. I'm going to try that later today.