WARNING!!! Don't Change Your Package Until You Are Ready

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by elbyj, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Feb 5, 2006 #1 of 11
    elbyj

elbyj Godfather

Jan 9, 2003
    Been doing a lot of reading of threads concerning the money savings by going to the Platinum HD package. Did research to determine it would save me a few bucks, plus give me more channels in the end. Well, I took it in the end! Apparently I must have missed something in reading all the threads concerning the changes beginning 1 Feb. I called a CSR this AM to discuss switching to the Platinum HD package -- needed to verify that by switching now I would not loose any of my current HD channels (Voom and the HD package) instead of waiting till 1 April to move from the 942 to the 622. The CSR confirmed that I would not receive the expanded Voom package and new HD channels since they were being broadcasted in MPEG4. I reconfirmed the information with her and told her to make the switch. However, after I hung up and started checking the channel I noticed my existing Voom and HD channels were blocked. Called back to the another CSR immediately to get the change reversed. WRONG!!! The CSR indicated she couldn't do it since as of 31 Jan 06, the old Voom/HD packages were no longer offered and I couldn't undo what I had done! Then she said I should not be getting any HD channels at all until I change receivers since all the HD channels are now in MPEG4. However, I kept telling her I was still receiving the HBOD and SHOD. She said I wasn't, but who is to argue that point! I guess seeing them on the screen was a figment of my imagination!!! So to cut the story short, I am stuck without Voom and the other HD channels until 1 April.

Word of warning to all other subscribers -- don't try to beat the system by saving a few bucks -- be happy with what you have until you have the equipment to support it!

2. Feb 5, 2006 #2 of 11
    Nick

Nick Charter Gold Club Member

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    It's 'lose', as in 'You lose', not "loose" as in 'Your connection is loose'.

3. Feb 5, 2006 #3 of 11
    John W

John W Icon

Dec 19, 2005
    I did that same math, same result.However, when I called last week and set up my 222 install for tomorrow I intentionally didn't change anything other than saying I want to receive the hd content I can't now with my 811 and SuperDish 121.Mainly because of reading on the net about bad CSR experiences.I wanted to let the smoke clear after installation and see exactly what the bill looked like.I was more afraid something would get messed up with my DishNet local package (locals plus Superstations) or sports packages.

4. Feb 6, 2006 #4 of 11
    invaliduser88

invaliduser88 Welcome to Torchwood DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    Hey, is it nick or nicpick? :grin:

5. Feb 6, 2006 #5 of 11
    tomcrown1

tomcrown1 Hall Of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    Who is Nick is his last name pick?? and what does Nick have to do with Dish??

6. Feb 6, 2006 #6 of 11
    elbyj

elbyj Godfather

Jan 9, 2003
    Reminds me of my 4th grade English teacher!

7. Feb 6, 2006 #7 of 11
    n8dagr8

n8dagr8 Resident Rounder DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 14, 2004
    Yeah, just make sure all your post contribute or else ----> you catch the wrath!

As far as your post, hopefully this will help someone out. Seems like the "fine print", weather :D it's their :D or knot :D, gets someone.

8. bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
    I'd keep calling until I found someone to turn my HD channels back on or at the very least downgrade to AEP or a lower priced package instead of paying for what your note getting for 2 months!:nono2:

9. elbyj

elbyj Godfather

Jan 9, 2003
    Got it all fixed earlier this week by contacting a technician at Dish. The only HD channels I don't receive currently are those in MPEG4.

10. PHANTOM_MADMAN

PHANTOM_MADMAN New Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Hello elbyj,
    so you have DISHD Platinum and your able to see your original HD + Voom Channels on your 942.

11. elbyj

elbyj Godfather

Jan 9, 2003
    That is very correct. But it wasn't after a lot of phone calls and talking to get it done. Got them back because I had them before I went to the Platinum-HD package. The CSRs had told me I wouldn't receive them until I got the 622, since the HD package was no longer offered after 1 Feb 06. Since technically I removed them to go to Platinum, they would not allow me to have them back, even though I was paying for all the channels via Platinum option. Anyway, come 1 April and the 622 arrives, I will pick up the remaining Voom channels, ESPN2 and UHD.