Was it planned for 08 Implementation?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV NFLSupercast Discussion (private)' started by Canis Lupus, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Canis Lupus

Canis Lupus You make it, We break it

Oct 16, 2006
    I know you're waiting on more details - just can't remember if the intent of the trial, if successful, was to implement it this season.

Thanks DirecTV and Doug for putting this together. :)

2. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Supercast existed last year already. This year it's a new client based on Adobe Air and thus the testing going on to make sure the client is working (as well as the server side). So yes, this client will be used in season.

3. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Yes, this is for this season. I believe the Linux client is beta and unsupported for this year, though .. although it might kinda work ..

4. spidey

spidey Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    I am looking forward to using it one time this season since I know I wont be home in front of my sunday ticket. Hope they work out a few of the kinks like no audio and pause not pausing. Both issues reported in the thread last night.

5. tfederov

tfederov Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    I don't remember for sure, but I don't think there is anywhere on directv's site saying which OS levels are supported. Did I miss a Supercast FAQ on their site? I'm on my iPhone now so I can't check.

6. scuba_tim

scuba_tim Godfather

Sep 23, 2006
    All DirecTV currently says is:
    "DIRECTV SUPERCAST uses the free Adobe AIR player to deliver live games to your Mac or PC desktop."
    I can't remember what kind of FAQ they had for last years Sling player client.

As for pausing Spidey, it's been changed to Stop. I don't think there is any plans to allow pausing and starting up again, just an option to stop the player and start it back up with the live feed.

7. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    IIRC last year it was something with Sling media doing the Supercast. Since Dish owns them now probably a good idea to go somewhere else.

8. evan_s

evan_s Hall Of Fame

Mar 3, 2008
  9. spidey

spidey Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006

10. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Technically, it would never actually pause .. it was an illusion based on the normal buffering required to give smooth video ..

11. Draconis

Draconis New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    Now there is an interesting proposal for an enhancement, have the application continue to buffer the broadcast to the computers HDD while playback is paused. Sort of like a live buffer for the one game you are watching.