Watch online via Directv site - Anyone ever have any luck?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Special Ed, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Special Ed

Special Ed Legend

Oct 26, 2007
    I have never had any luck trying to watch programing online via directv.com

Yesterday, I tried and kept getting and install the cisco player message. I would install and try and it would ask me to install it again even though it was installed.

I called tech support and the CS rep could not figure it out and did not seem familiar with watching online. After about an hour on the phone we simply gave up.

Today I tried for kicks and I don't get the message to install the cisco play but get this pop up

Popup attached.

If I click check connection, it seems to check then nothing happens and the watch live stays greyed out.

I notice the popup says I must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Both my Computer and DVR are connected to my wireless router via Ethernet cables so I get the fastest connection possible. Maybe watch online only works if the DVR and Computer are both using wifi ?

I have tried with 3 different browsers - Edge, Chrome, and Firefox

I turned off malwarebytes, virus protection, and firewall.

Nothing worked.

I am using a very recently upgraded computer with a fresh install of windows 10, new SSD drive, motherboard, and video card and have so far reinstalled few programs installed so it's not like there are a million things that could be causing a problem.

This would be a nice feature if it worked. What am I doing wrong?

2018-03-04_1241.png

2. Jasqid

Jasqid Legend

Oct 26, 2008
    Ohio
    Watching via their website is so painful. One of the reasons in looking at the now streaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Special Ed

Special Ed Legend

Oct 26, 2007
    Did you get it to work? If so, why is it painful?

4. Jasqid

Jasqid Legend

Oct 26, 2008
    Ohio
    Always wanting to install extra player software and then not working was the biggest problem. Clunky online guide to get to live. I've complained for years to make a windows app to download in the store but they refuse to listen.

Directv now via web browser is a much better experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Do you have a tablet? The DIRECTV App for Tablets (Android) usually works.

6. NASAland

NASAland New Member

Mar 8, 2018
    Hey all, long time lurker...first post.

I'd like to throw in some more info on this problem and see if it lights any bulbs.

I can stream all channels using my tablet and phone while in my home, but I am having similar problems with 212 (NFL) and other channels using Win10. I have tried a laptop running Win10 64bit and connected wirelessly and a desktop using Win10 Pro 64 hard wired to the RG. I have used Firefox, Chrome and IE. I can stream all channels that are allowed everywhere (with the wifi symbol and the + sign) but the channels that are only allowed in the home are all grayed out. When I hover over the play symbol a text balloon appears and tells me I have to be on the same network as my receiver. Usually when I first login I click on the Guide and then click on Watch Online. What happens then is that it will add the filter for "Out of home only". Getting rid of that filter allows me to see the rest of the channels but they are grayed out.

My HR54 is connected to the BGW210 RG using a MOCA adapter. The WiFi on the Genie is turned off because I have a C61K client. The IP addresses of the Genie and the computers all match in the first 3 groups as specified in the mask. It looks like the problem has to do with the coding on the Directv.com website. The Win10 computers are not being recognized as being on the same network as the Genie. This has nothing to do with licensing issues, or so a DTV tech told me.

I originally had a 5268ac RG before a service call and the tech swore it was the RG and swapped it with the BGW210.

Can anyone repeat these observations?