1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch your bill

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Maleman, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Maleman

Maleman Icon

Apr 17, 2007
    If this isn't standard procedure I think people should get a heads up on their montly bill to Directv.

Luckily I check every month and noticed this month I was OVERCHARGED for an extra month of NHL Cente Ice ($42.95)

They have been pretty good up to this point but thought I would share.

2. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Did you get it taken off easily?

3. BKC

BKC Icon

Dec 12, 2007
    I'm sure it was just another honest mistake.

4. Maleman

Maleman Icon

Apr 17, 2007
    Yah, it wasn't a problem, they admitted their mistake. But it took longer than I thought it should. She put me on hold for a bit, maybe 5 minutes before returning and telling me it would be credited back and show up within 24hrs I think.

5. 1980ws

1980ws Legend

Mar 18, 2008
    Longwood,...
    I have a spreadsheet that I track my sports billings and discounts. They've been pretty accurate. Trust but verify.

6. Citivas

Citivas Godfather

Oct 25, 2006
    I thought I had a similar simple mistake on my latest bill only to find out it was fraud -- someone called them and added a receiver using my account # even though they aren't in my household. So somewhere else in the country they are getting all my programming for free. Surprisingly they didn't try to rack up a bunch of pay-per-view or add more premium services. Maybe they figured if they didn't I wouldn't notice the extra $5/month.

7. johns70

johns70 Legend

May 2, 2010
    Stuff happens. I'm not going to lose sleep worrying about stuff like this maybe happening to me someday.

Sounds like it got cleared up easy enough.

8. mstanka

mstanka Legend

Jan 25, 2003
    I thought the same thing for my January bill.

I went back and looked and this was my final payment for Center Ice.

I will billed first in September, then in October, but no payment in November, 3rd payment in December, and 4th and final payment billed in January.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Michael.

9. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
  10. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    Was this on your January bill? I thought I had been overcharged as well. Then after backtracking through my bills, they had only charged me 4 times. They skipped one month and billed it a day after my statement. So I had one month w/o an NHL CI payment. It was strange though, because the charge came due in the middle of that month. So I had to post a manual payment just for NHL CI between my two auto payments.