WatchESPN blackouts

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by evotz, Mar 31, 2015.

1. evotz

evotz Active Member

Jan 23, 2014
    I don't have a lot of knowledge when it comes to WatchESPN (seeing as how DirecTV just got it a month or so ago).

The question I have pertains to ESPN's blackouts, specifically their Sunday Night Baseball blackouts. ESPN has exclusive rights to baseball on Sunday night, so I'm not sure if there is any blackouts.

The Cubs and Cardinals open the season this Sunday on Sunday Night Baseball. I may be away from TV that night, but I will have a tablet. I am in St. Louis Cardinals territory. Is there any concern for any blackouts for me Sunday night?

Does ESPN stream Sunday Night Baseball on WatchESPN?

Because I'm in St. Louis territory is there any concern for being blacked out on WatchESPN?

I've always gotten the Cardinals games on Sunday Night Baseball on TV. I don't figure there will be any problems watching it on WatchESPN, but some platforms force you to watch something on TV if its on TV.

Wasn't real sure what forum to post this in, it's not really a DirecTV question. But relates to WatchESPN which DirecTV now provides.

2. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    Sunday Night Baseball is available on WatchESPN, you shouldn't have to worry since Sunday Night is exclusive to ESPN and not carried by RSNs.

The other nights vary though, generally if it's blacked out on ESPN on TV, it won't be available to you via WatchESPN.

3. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    The Sunday night games are on watchESPN and not blacked out for anyone. The rest varies - I think the deal with ESPN changed a few years ago and their TV coverage is available nationwide for many games (not all) even if it's on your local RSN for baseball. For OTA stuff (like ACC Network) if it is on your TV, you can watch it on the local AND ESPN. I don't know how the second scenarios work online but for Sunday Night Baseball, you will be fine.

4. prushing

prushing Active Member

Feb 14, 2007
    If it is on your ESPN channels, it's on WatchESPN. If it's blacked out because it's on a local channel, it's blacked out on WatchESPN. If it's a regional game on ESPN channel, the other one should be available on WatchESPN.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk