1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"We are experiencing temporary technical difficulties"

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by lgb0250, Jun 6, 2012.

1. lgb0250

lgb0250 Legend

Jan 24, 2010
    This seems to be a recurring problem for the last few days. First it was the ABC local and this morning it's CNBC! Any ideas what's going on at D* to be causing this? Thanks.

2. highheater

highheater Legend

Aug 30, 2006
    Same problem here. Don't mess with my CNBC.

3. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    From Sixto's Report it looks like they moved a bunch of channels around on the transponders this morning and there may have been some disruption in service as everything synced back up.

I was watching CNBC this morning getting ready for work at right at 6am it dropped. That must have been when they made the switch.

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Funny, I'd just inquired about how things looked during a switch, just hadn't seen this thread.

6am is the normal time for any changes. In this case, CNBC moved from DirecTV10 to DirecTV12.

5. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...

When it dropped what did you see? A 771 error?

Did changing the channel and changing it back return CNBC?

6. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    I turned on CNBC about 5:45am and right as the 6:00am show began the channel went black. No error, just zap to black. I changed to several other channels and one of my locals and everything seemed fine, but CNBC was still just black, so I stayed on my local station for the news. When I flipped back about 5 minutes later there was the "we are experiencing technical difficulties" screen. When I went to take a shower around 6:20 it was still on the "technical difficulties" screen.

I didn't try rebooting the receiver, nor did I try the box in the other room. I assumed the problem would be fixed by the time I stopped by the house at lunch and it was.

7. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Guess they don't have a screen for "excuse the interruption, we're moving", or it was taking longer than expected.