1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We should all make contributions

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by HDTVsportsfan, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan Active Member

Nov 29, 2005
    Hey guys after a day or so when the dust settles we should make our 15 dollar membership/donation to this site. Earl and the MODS have certainly earne it. They can build a more rebost system for all us to enjoy.

I'll be doing mine tomorrow.
    I hope you all join me.

Thanks.

2. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Already did about 20 minutes ago. I agree with you for all the work Earl and the rest of the Mods do here for us its the least we can do.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Agreed. Done.

4. btalbott

btalbott DBSTalk Club Member

Oct 15, 2006
    Running a server sure isn't cheap.

I ponied up $15. I'll skip a few lunches this week (I need to anyway)! Have to save up for that big Christmas dinner.....

Happy Holidays everyone!

Bill

5. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    OK, my turn to play the ignorant card.

I did a quick search, looked at the "home" page (which I never do, by the way) and I can find nothing but this thread about making a donation. I'm guessing fom the posts that it's not just tongue in cheek.

I have a friend who runs (with the help of several others) a gaming server for a particular war game and I know a little about the money it takes.

I would certainly be willing to pony up a $15 "tip" but (a) I don't see how to do it and (b) I'd like to know a little about the "why".

Is there a link somewhere that is out there all the time allowing you to donate to the site? I've seen that on a few web sites, but didn't notice that here.

Can anyone flesh out the details a little bit? If this is tongue in cheek, I need to maybe not visit here first thing in the morning! :)

I'm guessing that it's right in front of me, but I'm somehow missing it.

6. HDTVsportsfan

Nov 29, 2005
    I think it's under your Control Panel Somewhere.

I'll post a link in a few minutes. I'm just going to steal the one from earl's post in the "108 from Santa" thread. I think it's like on page 9 or 10.

7. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    Found it. Bottom of Page 9, post #225 (that post includes a link):

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=72983&page=9

I'll drink the Cool-Aid (intentionally misspelled to avoid having to pay royalties! :))!!!

A very important addition to my Christmas giving list!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

8. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Thanks all for supporting the DBSTalk club memberships. Actually the link has always been on the forum listing page (http://www.dbstalk.com/index.php?). Look down in the "DBSTalk Club Forums" subsection.

9. HDTVsportsfan

Nov 29, 2005
    I just re-upped my memerbship over at avsforums the other day. It never occurred to me there was a seperate membership for DBStalk. I guess i just figured it covered the whole family of forums. (avs, dbstalk, TCF-That's all of them right?)

Earl jumped all over my OC3 comment last night. He's thinking, "right.... OC3, fine you pay for it" lol.... He didn't say it in a post, but I'm sure he thought it.

10. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    The information on this forum has given me a new hobby--satellite TV.

The site was instrumental in informing me as to how to get the right equipment for very little money. I get the latest sat news, with a little bit of inside info thrown in. And when I have problems, I know where to turn.

I'll kick in my $15 after I get some dough in the bank Friday!

11. fwlogue

fwlogue Godfather

Dec 5, 2006
    I sent mine in also. Thanks Earle for all you do

12. Anthony

Anthony DBSTalk Club Member

Dec 16, 2002
    I've been around this forum for years. Enough already. You've earned at least the $15 I've signed onto today. This civil forum is a great example of what like-minded (and not so like-minded) people can accomplish when discussing things related to a similar topic (DBS). Some of you have a great sense of humor, some are cranky, some are highly knowledgable, some are questioning, some are thankful, and so on. This forum takes all these types, mixes them together, and comes up with an entertaining and informative board. More so than most. Thank all of you for being here and a wonderful holiday to all.

13. iceman2a

iceman2a Icon

Dec 30, 2005
    Hudson, FL...
    I had planned on doing for a while now! Thanks HDTVsportsfan for the kick in the pants!! :D

14. HDTVsportsfan

Nov 29, 2005

Well, if you go to this link and follow the thread from the top of the page to the bottom and over to the next page it will explain how this thread came about.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=72983&page=9

Earl's the one that gave me a kick in the pants.:)

15. thumperr

thumperr Godfather

Feb 10, 2006
    agreed, done.

16. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    Done.

Great forum--such a bargain!

Since I don't have a HR20, I didn't see that thread (now that it has OTA, I gotta get one!)

17. HDTVsportsfan

Nov 29, 2005
    Okay, I finally got around to coughing up my 15.

It was to late last night to do it.
    I've already been spending to much time on the board the last few days from my office (if I wasn't one of the owners I would've been fired by now>>giggle-giggle)
    I get home and couldn't find the password for PP. (I have far to many from work to remember them all), I had to get it from my wife.

I don't like to bump my own threads. <cough-cough> <hint-hint> a little help please.(maybe till the end of year)

Last night was kind of fun, we should do it more often. lol....

Anyway. See you guys around. Merry Christmas.
    Yes, I said it, Merry Christmas.

18. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    Merry Christmas to you, too, HDTVsportsfan - and to all the great folks at DBSTalk.com!

19. HDTVsportsfan

Nov 29, 2005
    O.K. I've put alot of thought into trying to present this in the right way.

I'll start off w/ this first. NO ONE from DBStalk, there other sister sites, or the moderators have asked me to do this.

It's incrediable the amount of folks that have registered lately. You see many w/ membersships of only a few months. Which is absolutley great. The more people the better. The more people you have the broader the knowledge base. We all benefit.

The folks that missed "Santas" first run Wednesday night probably don't realize the amount of traffic it generated over DBStalks server and circuits. Hence Earl's request to refrain from the "I got it" posts. (I'm guilty, I did that). It slowed things up quite a bit, as it would have on any other discussion board/forum site.

So let's all show our appreciation for the work the Administrators and Mods have put into this site and making it the #1 site for DBS and of course information and services related to D*. Without this site I would have been left in dark on several occasions.

The more people that frequent the DBStalk site will without a doubt put alot of pressure on there IT infrastrucure. We/you can show our/your appreciation by having an active subscription for a mere 15.00 for one year. That my friends is cheap. I for one want this site to be around for awhile and flourish.

I'm done. The last thing I want to say is this is not in any way related to "Santa's" gifts. You do not have to pay your subscription fees to get any of "Santa's" gifts.
    They are completely and totally sperate from each other. I just figured with the amount of people taking advantage of "Santa's" gift on this second 'round, it would be a good time to get this message out.

Like Earl stated in another thread. If you subscribe, great. If not, no one is going to hold it against you.

Here is the link. Have a merry Xmas and safe Holidays.

http://www.dbstalk.com/payments.php

20. HDTVsportsfan

Nov 29, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.