Weather Channel Local on the 8s

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by gta04, Feb 28, 2020.

1. gta04

gta04 New Member

May 16, 2008
    I recently upgraded my old HR21 box to a Genie HR54. On the HR21, I consistently received Weather Channel Local on the 8s info for my ZIP code at :18 and :48 after the hour; however, on the HR54, I just get the generic national summary.

When I press the red button on the remote, I do get local info for my ZIP code; I just don't get local info during the regular broadcast at :18 and :48.

I tried resetting the receiver (both red-button reset and unplug from power reset), running a system check, and repeating the satellite setup. Nothing has changed. In the HR54's info, my ZIP code is showing. The HR54 is not connected to the internet; however, neither was the HR21 and Local on the 8s worked fine on that box, so I don't think this is an issue. I have only the HR54, no other boxes or equipment.

Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks.

2. MrWindows

MrWindows New Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Phoenix,...
    Did you set your zip code in the Weather Channel TV App? Most people may not think to check that with the abysmal response. Go into the Menu, go to Extras, select TV Apps, go to the Weather Channel app (it may take a while for the app ribbon to appear), go to Settings, and make sure your zip code is added as a location. Let us know if that works!

3. gta04

gta04 New Member

May 16, 2008
    Thanks for the response. This actually has nothing to do with the app, the problem is with Local on the 8s during the regular broadcast at :18 and :48 after the hour. The app does work, as does pressing the red button on my remote when I am tuned in to the Weather Channel. My ZIP code is in both places, as well as in the "Genie Info" on the Settings menu.