Web space??

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by firephoto, May 31, 2003.

1. firephoto

firephoto Icon

Sep 12, 2002
    Anyone have any recommendations for some web space? I just would like to have something for hosting my web page again and the 5mb free space with my isp doesn't really work for me anymore. It would be mostly photos, but would have some commentary too.

A good online photo gallery would work if it wasn't too cookie cutter like. ;) If I can find a place to my some of my photos, then the space on my isp could be put to better use and I could just link to the photos. I always worry about getting my isp email address trashed due to it being the same as the web page address. "www.xyz.net/~user/" = user@xyz.net for one of my email addys. :( Wouldn't take a very smart bot to figure this out and be selling my email to the spam world.

Thanks
    Tom

2. The Tophinator

The Tophinator AllStar

May 13, 2002
    I use ICD Soft . $5 \ month, 333MB web space, 1000 email addresses, 5 GB \ month transfers. many more stats. I never have downtime on my web and it is always fast. It also has a nice control panel.

3. RichW

RichW Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 29, 2002
    Yahoo groups allows for a certain amount of file storage, and its free. Good for a phot gallery. I don't know what the limits are though.

4. RandyAB

RandyAB Godfather

Apr 4, 2002
    AlteraHosting has some good cheap plans. You might want to check on them.

5. JBKing

JBKing Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    i use Brinkster - 30 MB free , 500Mb per month. They have more plans that cost, but I use the free one.