1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

webmail

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by bills, Nov 22, 2012.

1. bills

bills Legend

Nov 7, 2002
    hello...question..i have have a brother mfc-9970-cdw all in one printer. my problem is when i want to scan to e-mail it tells me web based e-mail not supported..talked to brother a couple of times they have no solution. any one have any idea on how to achieve this...regards

2. klang

klang Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2003
    Near...
    Couldn't you scan it to a file on your computer and then add as an attachment to your webmail?

3. samrs

samrs MANC

May 30, 2004
    Flat Branch, NC
    I scan to Thunderbird then email it to myself.

4. bills

bills Legend

Nov 7, 2002
    it is telling me not registered..

5. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    You will most likely not find a device that can do scan to email when your email is webmail. The issue is that the scan to email function is looking for an application to launch to open up an email message. With webmail, the scanner does not know how to log into your web service, create a new email, and attach the scanned file.

- Merg

6. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    That's the problem with a lot of all-in-one devices, particularly the scan function. I bet it won't let you scan to Adobe Acrobat Professional or Photoshop either. Only some POS image program that came with it.

7. bills

bills Legend

Nov 7, 2002
    thanks for the response,it is a good printer, it is a work horse,but it wont do that...regards