1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Website Equipment Orders

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mikegold, Nov 7, 2018.

1. mikegold

mikegold AllStar

May 14, 2002
    New Jersey
    I recall that there used to be a page on the DirecTV website where you could see if you were eligible for equipment upgrades and order new equipment.

Maybe it's just the horrible design of the website now but, I can't seem to find this at all.

Or did they do away with this totally?

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    There is still a page that shows your equipment and you can add more, but if you want an upgrade and want to get discounts, you should call.

Note: that is on the DIRECTV page. If your account has been converted to AT&T, I don't know if they have the same.

But unless you want to pay MSRP for additional equipment, call them.

3. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    You really have to see the ATT site to appreciate what the TS wrote. I won't try to explain, you'll get to see it one of these days.

Rich

mikegold and sangs like this.
  4. sangs

sangs AllStar

Apr 2, 2008
    NE New Jersey
    :D:D:D:D So true.

5. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Not something I'm anxious to see.

6. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Here is an example of how awful the AT&T site is:

[​IMG]

Looking at that you would think I had 4 DVR's and 1 HD receiver and 3 Genies on my account. They got it right on the DVR's and receiver but I sure don't have 3 Genies. I would like to change the location as most of them are wrong also. If I try I get some kind of 'null' error and they never change. Even got on chat with support and they tried to change it too. Didn't work for them either.

Just below that area there is a link to manage receivers. Nothing in there works though I haven't tried ordering new equipment through there.

And yes the old DTV site had a place where it would tell you if your contract was up and you qualified for an upgrade. If the new ATT site has it I can't find it.

mikegold likes this.
  7. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Define 'old' DIRECTV site. I don't ever remember being able to check your contract end date and even the front-line CSRs had to transfer you to another group to confirm the end date.

Still, the TS should call to get that information.

8. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    The directv.com website. There is a place in your account settings it would say that. I can't log back into that site but it used to be there for my account when my 2 year commitment was up.

mikegold likes this.
  9. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    This whole thing is really screwed up. Thankfully I've learned how to play CSR Roulette over the years. Took me a long time to get my bill fixed this week. And it's still off by a couple bucks. The ATT Retention CSRs do not know what they are doing. How could they? They don't understand how D* works. They don't know the equipment. They don't know what the installers can and cannot do. First CSR I spoke to after getting my account transitioned told me he was gonna have a nice new spiffy HR23 sent to my home as a replacement for an HR24-500. That bothered me. Knew it wasn't gonna happen and explained why. That opened the door for many more questions about how D* works. They really don't know. Sad.

Rich