1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weeds & The Big C did not record last night

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by bearcat250, Aug 31, 2010.

1. bearcat250

bearcat250 Legend

Feb 19, 2004
    I have both scheduled to record and set for new episodes only. Worked fine first two weeks. Last night 1 HR21-100 recorded only the Big C and neither (I have 2) recorded Weeds. So I change setting to record Both (new & repeats) and nothing shows up in the to do list. I press the Record button on a repeat episode of Weeds and the Double R Symbol appears indicating that it is a season pass. Any ideas as to what is wrong?

2. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    No idea why, but thanks for the heads up, I have the same trouble. It did not record either and there is no make up scheduled. Had to set them manually.

3. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    For Weeds last night it looks like DirecTV decide to push the episode out on channel 9981 at 12AM on 8/30. At least when I select Weeds at 8PM central tonight it comes up with DVR options to play it and that's when it says is was recorded.

The history for the recording that didn't go was:

4. bearcat250

bearcat250 Legend

Feb 19, 2004
    When there is a conflict with recordings I have noticed that the lower priority show will automatically record the next repeat airing. Weeds will not record @ the 9 PM airing but will record the 11 PM airing on Showtime West on 546. This did not happen last night as it usually does. One other thing, I got the update last night to 0x40d. Could that have caused a problem?

5. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    Mine recorded the 'Big C' but not Weeds. Fear not, it's available on VOD!!

6. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    My HR20 didn't record Weeds but my HR24 did. :shrug:

7. barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    I happen to check things out ahead of time and noticed that neither were set to record, so I opted to put them on my 24 instead of my 20 this time.

Both shows are MUST NOT MISS for me. :)

8. ladannen

ladannen Legend

Oct 26, 2007
    I have both shows setup to record "first run" on my HR20, but we have the series link on the West coast feed of Showtime and both recorded just fine.

9. Sep 1, 2010 #9 of 26
    CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    No problems with recording either one here. The one thing I would check is to make sure you don't have the series link set to record HD only, as many times the shows are not tagged as HD. In a situation like recording these showtime series, VOD is not even that necessary as they replay them about 100 times every week.

10. mndwalsh

mndwalsh Legend

Nov 16, 2005
    Have both set to record on 2 HR22's, neither recorded and the season pass said none upcoming. Set both to manual record.

11. prozone1

prozone1 AllStar

Sep 22, 2007
    Hr20-700 no record for weed or the big c

12. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Same issue here, it recorded The Big C but not Weeds. Was able to record Weeds last night on the west coast feed.

13. JohnDG

JohnDG Legend

Aug 16, 2006
    This is the same problem I had. When I went to manually record a repeat showing to get the episode, the DVR (HR21-700) gave me the option to play the episode currently available from the On Demand library on the DVR's hard drive.

This is a bug. What if I'm on vacation for a couple of weeks, I return and a) Weeds did not record, and b) the missing episode is no longer in the On Demand library on my hard drive? I do not have a broadband internet connection to download it.

This is not the first time I have had the DVR skip a recording when it thinks the episode is available from On Demand. Last time, it refused to record a HD showing when only a SD recording was already available.

jdg

14. t1g3r

t1g3r New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    We had the same problem. No weeds or big c.

Upon trying to record the next available show, I also ran into problems.
    Going out on the guide to any available next showing when you look at the "info" on it the channel that shows it is " *DTV 9981". So, it won't allow me to record any future recording of it either. Other shows on the guide will show "SHOeHD 545" as the channel.

Any suggestions or know if this is a bug or what?

15. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    When you find it on 9981 did you notice that you should be able play it, that usually means that it was automatically recorded for you in the space on the harddrive that's reserved for DirecTV usage.

16. t1g3r

t1g3r New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Sorry, I must not have explained correctly. I never did actually find the recording of those shows anywhere in my playlist or otherwise.

When I use the guide and scroll forward to Friday 8pm on channel 545 (SHOeHD) then select the episode of Weeds, the next screen where it shows the info, it lists it as channel *DTV 9981.

Now, if I try to tune to channel 9981, it says it's not available.

Still confused as to what is going on.

Also, the "on demand" SD versions will record into the playlist, but the HD versions will not.

I have reset the receiver to see if this would help. Also the *DTV 9981 message appears on all my receivers.

17. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Yes, I understood what you said, did you misunderstand what I said? I went to the same showing as you mention in this post and I've attached what my HR24-500 shows, do you have a PLAY option listed like mine shows? If yes, then hit play, it's already recorded on your harddrive.

I do agree there's something messed up since IMHO the STB shouldn't override a scheduled recording that you've made and suplement it with one of theirs and then not put in on your playlist and make you go looking for it.

18. t1g3r

t1g3r New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Thank you! NOW, I see what you were talking about. I completely missed the
    "play" at the top.

Anyway it seems to be working on mine too and hopefully won't have that problem again.

19. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    ^ this is strange as I've looked at both my HR20-700 & HR24-500 and don't have this screen/option.
    My SL on each isn't picking up the next two shows because they're re-runs.
    As posted earlier, my HR20 didn't pickup this week's airing while my HR24 did. :shrug:

20. davahad

davahad Legend

Jun 2, 2007
    Weeds did not record.