week 10 result??

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by dbkelly, Nov 22, 2002.

1. dbkelly

dbkelly AllStar

Sep 20, 2002
    When are the wk10 voting summary/results going to be posted?

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    I'll try to have them up today, but they may slide until tomorrow. Sorry for the delay...

And week 11 polls won't go up until next Friday.

3. CoryTV

CoryTV Cool Member

Sep 18, 2002
    I voted Brian (2) Clay (4) Jan(0) and Penny (2) Making 8 points total, for a score of 43.

4. CoryTV

CoryTV Cool Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Oops, that should have been Penny(4) making 45.

5. dbkelly

dbkelly AllStar

Sep 20, 2002
    Thanks CoryTV, that's exactly what I was looking for!

Danny R?

Here are my picks:
    Ted(0) Clay(4) Jan(0) Penny(4) = 8 points (33 total)

I'm so mad! I had Brian picked for the RC all day then about 11:30p when I actually voted, I switched to Ted winning. Dang it!!

6. CoryTV

CoryTV Cool Member

Sep 18, 2002
    I'd been driving myself crazy, waiting until 11:45 to pick every week, and I'd go back and forth, and back and forth-- finally, I just started making myself pick earlier. I find that my first instincts are usually my best, and my early picks have been more assured, and more accurate.

This week, unfortunately, I didn't spend enough time thinking about the immunity challenge. We knew what type of challenge it was, and I should have guessed that Helen would have the right combination of brains for the trivia, and lack of enemys to win.

I was real excited there for a minute. I thought I had a real shot at the 100% for last night.

7. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    You gained 2 points on me Cory. I got the RC and guest correct, but missed immunity and boot, voting for Jan and Jake respectively. I'm at 35 now, adding 6.

I was certain Jake would be the boot all the way through the show last night, as everyone was saying they would get the Snake. Then Ted buts in and turns the tide toward Penny. GRRR.

Jan I figured had absolutely no enemies, so she was my favorite to win the popularity contest.

8. CoryTV

CoryTV Cool Member

Sep 18, 2002
    I felt very reassured with my pick until Clay came out with the jake vote, and I nearly soiled my pants. I thought, "They're building this up entirely to be a Jake boot, therefore it HAS to be Penny" But Clay sure did give me a scare.

And don't worry, That final vote is worth like 30 points or something, it's still anybody's game!

9. dbkelly

dbkelly AllStar

Sep 20, 2002
    I know what you mean about boot being Jake the whole show. My whole premise for voting Penny was that she would say something that would really tick everyone off. Although she didn't say anything, by snuffing Jake's torch, she sealed her fate. I was really getting nervous up to that point. Especially considering I miss the RC

10. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Week #10 summaries are now online for your viewing pleasure.

For the final week, there will be up to and around 29 points available to win, so yes this is still anyone's game. CoryTV's got a good lead, but he can definitely be overtaken!

And, as a clarification, you will notice that I'm listed in the 3rd position but none of my points are colored because I'm not elligible to win.

11. dbkelly

dbkelly AllStar

Sep 20, 2002
    Thanks for posting the results!

12. timf

timf Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 21, 2002
    I should give up. I haven't gotten any points in a few weeks except for the freebie points.