Week 12 - Hardest week ever?

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Danny R, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Well now that the polls are closed, I figured its safe to post this. For the first time since starting this game, I feel I'm guessing in almost every category. The previews showed so little this week.

Reward: Helen - she just seemed the most excited in the promos.

Immunity: Clay - promos show others plotting against him. A bit too blatant, meaning he's probably safe, and that means immunity.

Boot: Jan - I like to be consistent rather than cover my bets, so if Clay is safe, Jan's the likely out as the others are all allied.

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    I also thought this was the toughest pick week yet. My predictions were that Ted would win Reward, Brian would win immunity, decide to side with Clay and vote Ted out. But you're right - there wasn't a whole lot of information in the promos this week, IMO.

3. dbkelly

dbkelly AllStar

Sep 20, 2002
    Yep, I agree! I have really racked my brain over my picks this week. I usually don't start thinking about my picks until Wednessday, but this week, I've been thinking about it since Monday. (A co-worker who had power last week taped the show for me so I did get to see it. yeah!)

Since the voting summaries aren't up yet, here's my votes:

RC - Ted
    IC - Clay
    BOOT - Ted

It really was a toss up between Ted and another person (who shall remain nameless - Don't want to give too much away)

CoryTV, care to post?

4. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Voting summary is online now, so you can all see for yourselves! :D Good luck tonight everyone!

5. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Interesting. A lot of Ted reward, Ted boot combos. Guess people think if you win a car, you've won enough, so its time to go. ;)

6. CoryTV

CoryTV Cool Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Finally some variation in the top 10. Yeah, this could go any way. The promos did show Ted trying to push a Ted-Helen-Brian alliance-- with Jan in 4th place. (So, he's obviously scheming against Clay) Clay has been set up as the heavy two weeks running. If there's any doubt, check his popularity on CBS's website. Everybody thinks he's next to go, which almost always means he's not. So, an "IC-saves-yer-butt" scenario seems to be in order. (I thought that would happen last week-- check my IC winner vote) But I feel even more strongly this week about the IC. Ted's plan backfires. His target wins immunity, leaving him as a strong competitor, and the odd man out. He's gone.

7. dbkelly

dbkelly AllStar

Sep 20, 2002
    CoryTV, I agree with you 100%.

Actually, I hope you slip up this week so that I could catch, up since you voted the same as me ... :D

8. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    I guess now you see why I called this the hardest week ever. I totally blew it. Guess others thought it much easier. I saw in the promos that Helen looked nice and clean from her shower, and figured she'd won the prize. I didn't consider she might be a guest tagging along. GRRR.

Since no promos showed any Immunity challenge aspects, I think everyone was guessing here.

And as for the boot, I bow to the superior logic of those who went for Ted.

Mark moves into honorary 2nd place with a perfect score this round, but luckily (thanks to last week's ice storm), dbkelly doesn't have enough points to jump me so I hold on to my second prize position.

Now the question though is do any of us have enough points to catch Cory next week. Looks like there won't be any more reward challenges, so that puts only 26 more points up. Cory is 16 ahead of me now, and 18 ahead of dbkelly. Unfortunately I think this week gave Cory enough of a lead to lock it, as the promos seem to have a huge number of clues.

9. CoryTV

CoryTV Cool Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Mark's not eligible to win. He's the only player who scored the fabled "trifecta" Nice Job!!!

When Clay didn't win immunity, I nearly soiled myself, but I soon realized that even without the IC, with that much foreshadowing, there was 0% chance he went.

I thought for sure the trifecta was mine! Drat.

10. CoryTV

CoryTV Cool Member

Sep 18, 2002
    BTW, guys, the promos was chock full of stuff-- Old stuff that is. Those were a lot of old clips. We still have to wait and see if they do have any "real" promos.

11. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Yeah, that was definitely a first for me! 3 for 3...really wish I could win this thing. Oh well...just have to get someone else to run it next year and quit as a staff member around here...then maybe I can win...nahhh I enjoy this too much.

I am telling you this now, and will announce it officially tomorrow - there will be 29 points available next week. Still working out the details, but all the points will be there.

12. dbkelly

dbkelly AllStar

Sep 20, 2002
    When the show started and Ted immediate started talking about getting booted, I thought to myself, there is no way. Then when Clay didn't win IC... Whew! What a relief when Ted was booted!

Is it just me, or is Brian a complete idiot? You can tell at the end, that he didn't want to win the IN, but was way to far ahead to "slip-up" and let someone else (Clay) win. Seems to me like he got caught up in the moment and didn't pay attention to how far ahead he was.

CoryTV, (in an attempt, however feable it might be, to get in your head [​IMG]) You've been leading the contest for a long time. You must be getting tired looking down at us for so long. 29 points is a lot of get right this coming week. Don't slip up, because somebody just might catch up. (Preferably, that person would be me!) You are the HUNTED!!!! Run little chicken Run!!!!

Mark, congrats on your perfect score this week!

PS - I know 7 points I'm missing is going to come back and bite me in the butt!

13. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    dbkelly = STALKER :lol:

14. dbkelly

dbkelly AllStar

Sep 20, 2002
    Dang! Harsh words from a guy is ineligible to win!!!!! :D Hee hee hee

I think we all need to give CoryTV some crap this week so that he gets nervous and makes a mistake!!!! Maybe pray for a "ice storm" in Norfolk!!! Just kidding