WEEK 13: Which Survivor Gets Interviewed First?

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Mark Lamutt, Apr 18, 2004.

WEEK 13: Which Survivor Gets Interviewed First?

1. [size=2]No One[/size]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. [size=2]Alicia Calloway[/size]

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  3. [size=2]Amber Brkich[/size]

12 vote(s)
    13.2%
  4. [size=2]Rob Mariano[/size]

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. [size=2]Tom Buchanan[/size]

14 vote(s)
    15.4%
  6. [size=2]Shii-Ann Huang[/size]

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  7. [size=2]Jenna Lewis[/size]

45 vote(s)
    49.5%
  8. [size=2]Rupert Boneham[/size]

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  9. [size=2]Someone Else[/size]

6 vote(s)
    6.6%
  10. [size=2]Two or More Together[/size]

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    This poll IS NOT OPTIONAL!

After the recap segment from last episode, and after the opening credits of the show, which Survivor is the first one shown in a "confessional" interview? That is, which Survivor is shown talking to the camera, away from their tribe first?

This poll is worth 15 points. No negative points if you get it wrong, but if you choose not to vote, you will lose the 2 participation points and you will no longer be elligible for the last place prize.

Poll closes Wednesday April 21st at Midnight EDT.

2. dbkelly

dbkelly AllStar

Sep 20, 2002
    So what is everyone thought process on this question? I think Shii Ann would be interviewed first to hopefully shed some light on why she voted the way she did last week. ...BUT, logic would say the pagonging will continue and Shii Ann will have to go buh bye this week? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the first survivor interviewed is always safe that week. No matter how much they play it up, s/he is always safe. Hopefully, the trend continues and Shii Ann stays another 2 days.

thoughts/comments?

3. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the first survivor interviewed is always safe that week.

Interesting observation, but week #11 showed that to be false. Lex was the first interviewed, and got the boot as well.

I think of all the choices, Shii Ann is the most logical pick and the one I chose. She's the lone survivor from her old tribe and she's the likely boot. CBS will want to have her go out with a bang rather than a whimper, and thus there should be more interviews of Shii Ann than normal... hopefully that means she's the first as well.

Rob would be my 2nd pick, as he's the manipulator of the show currently.

I guess Alicia is popular among those who think Shii Ann might actually be safe this week (I think Shii Ann is toast), and thus they would go with her as the one who is most vulnerable.

4. TStorms

TStorms Mentor

Sep 16, 2003
    Danny, I agree with your analysis and went with Rob myself, but I could also see them interviewing Amber first, since Kathy, during her post-boot interviews, talked so much about Amber's lying. Amber may talk about how it was hard to break her promise to Lex and Kathy, but how it's about playing a game...yadda, yadda, yadda...

I guess we'll see tonight!

5. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    I went with Amber. Look over the last few weeks at who we vote for as the first interview and who it ends up being. For the past month, it's not the "obvious" person who was the center of conflict in that that episode or the one immediately before and it hasn't been the most voted one either. Not since week 8 was the "favorite" actually interviewed first.

I see Shii-Ann as a key person this/last week so I ruled her out. People are getting tired of Rob (look at his approval rating) so I suspect he will get a little less camera time. Tom has yet to ever say anything truely insightful that might set the state for the episode. Closest he has come is the revelation about Rob being a cow weaning from it's momma's tit a few episodes back. The other players were a toss up so I just voted for the best looking one. Here's hoping for a wardrobe malfunction.

6. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    Well I am glad to hear you say that Danny, I guess that would result in a 6 to 1 vote. Hmmm I hope you voted that way because it is different than the way I voted. If Shii ann gets voted off, I will be very surprised for the following reasons.

1) She may actually win immunity.
    2) Even if she does not, I expect either Rob to go after Rubert or someone attempt to make a move and use Shii ann to help.
    3) Shii Ann is perceived not to be a threat and therefore a good person to keep around.

The other side of the gone is she is a safe bet and won't rock the boat. Maybe it happens, but since i am 59 pts down I hope it goes my way!!

7. dbkelly

dbkelly AllStar

Sep 20, 2002
    I really thought Amber (whould get interviewed first) as well, albeit for different reasons. But, she was interviewed first last week, so I thought Shii Ann would be my second tier of folks. ...tell us why you didn't vote for Kathy last week!!!!! Having Amber lie or not, Shii Ann is smart enough to vote with the majority when it's going to be a landslide boot. There is no sense in rocking the boat.

8. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Look over the last few weeks at who we vote for as the first interview and who it ends up being. For the past month, it's not the "obvious" person who was the center of conflict in that that episode or the one immediately before and it hasn't been the most voted one either. Not since week 8 was the "favorite" actually interviewed first.

Pretty good logic there. Too bad we didn't have this question from the start so we could compare. Anybody saved all the episodes and can do a quick check of who was interviewed first for weeks 1-7?

Of course I've guessed the correct answer 2 out of 5 times. We'll see if tonight makes it 50:50 with 3 out of 6.

I'd count week 11 as easily guessable however, since it featured Lex. And while he wasn't the favorite here, he was the center of the show that week as he was the boot. Most of us however got caught up in other details however.

I'd have never picked Rupert in Week 10... he was off the radar. Lex was definately my 3rd choice in week 11. Amber in week 12 might have been my 3rd choice.

So all in all, I think going with the favorite is still a better strategy than others. Picking a player who's not featured heavily in the show only would have won you once here. The rest are split between the favored candidate and almost favorites.

Going with Amber has one huge problem. She was first interviewed last week. Thus far they've never repeated (although we have a very limited sample to compare) EDIT: Just noticed dbkelly already stated this.

9. dbkelly

dbkelly AllStar

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes, I agree. Amber is the logical first confession, but b/c she was interviewed first LAST week, therefore she can't be interviewed first THIS week .... at least in my book.

10. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Yay! Shii Ann was first. I'm batting .500 (3 out of 6) on this question!

11. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Shii-Ann was first interviewed.