Week 14 Results

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Mark Lamutt, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Results and summary are now online.

For the 10 point bonus, congrats to: KiyaNee, Randy_B, TStorms, pweezil, mini1, tiffman, Starving Writer, shy007, mgusler, hpotts

No one had a perfect week, so no 25 point Trifecta bonus. However, 5 players were awarded the 15 point Trifecta bonus: tcriley, Dimensions, saulres, Pegesus, Slordak

http:\\survivor.dbstalk.com

Check it out! :)

2. saulres

saulres Legend

Sep 18, 2002
    Woo Hoo! My first Trifecta ever! :) Even though it was a Mini-Trifecta, I'm still way excited. And glad I didn't e-mail Mark to change my "interviewed last" vote to Rob, like I thought about doing :) :) :)

3. saulres

saulres Legend

Sep 18, 2002
    Let me clarify a little. I had more fun last night watching than I have in a while. Every time they showed Shii-Ann in an interview in the last segment, I'd look at the clock and wonder "Is it close enough to tribal council for this to be it?" and then they'd switch to some other scene and I'd think "D-oh! Now who are they going to interview?" And then it'd go back to Shii-Ann, and back to something else, and back to Shii-Ann, etc., and I was having little fits, and then finally that beautiful, glorious shot of the torches heading to tribal council, and I knew I had got it, my first Trifecta ever, and my shout for joy almost woke up my kids (see: my avatar).

A tremendous amount of fun with something that would have been relatively meaningless if not for this contest. Thank you, Mark, for running this, and making Survivor so much fun to watch.

4. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    Amazing what a mini-trifecta can do to one's life. ;)

5. Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    Do I even have real chance of winning? :(

6. saulres

saulres Legend

Sep 18, 2002
    WeeJavaDude,

Don't I wish it affected my life! It only affected the one night (well, and today).

I guess my real point is it doesn't matter if I win or not, I'm having fun :)

7. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    You have a better chance of winning this then I have of getting a trifecta tomorrow in Louisville...although that isn't saying much. If the 23 people ahead of you tank the next two weeks and you get them all right, then you will have a chance.

8. May 4, 2004 #8 of 13
    TStorms

TStorms Mentor

Sep 16, 2003
    Mark,
    Minor item, but your Week 14 results page shows the Week 13 Results image at the top of the page. No biggie, but being an owner of a web site myself, I always appreciate it when someone informs me of an error on my page that I overlook, and I thought you might want to know.

Take care,
    TStorms

9. May 4, 2004 #9 of 13
    Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Ah... :D Someone finally steps forward to claim the 5 free points that I threw out there last week...

5 points to TStorms for catching the banner error on the Week #14 results page!

10. TStorms

TStorms Mentor

Sep 16, 2003
    Whoa! 5 banner error points and 10 random points in the same week!!! :eek2:
    Now I'm only 147 points behind Danny R instead of 152!!!
    Look out, Danny! Here I come!!! :hurah:

Mark - Can I auction these free points on ebay? I certainly don't need them. I'm sure tcriley or dimensions would pay a pretty penny for 5 more points...or Danny might want them as well. ;)

11. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    I'll sell all my points for $999 + S/H ;)

12. buzzdalf

buzzdalf Godfather

Jan 27, 2003
    what a bargain. Something tells me you are going to be dethrowned though :)

Oh yeah - your latest avatar is a lot less "stimulating" that what I've grown used to seeing next to your name ;)

13. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Something tells me you are going to be dethrowned though

All the more reason to grab my points now why they are hot! :lol:

---

As for the avatar, its a shame, but I had trouble finding a good picture of Morena Baccarin. (Firefly). But the eyes do it for me, so it will do this month. ;)