WEEK #2 Voting Data Now Online

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Mark Lamutt, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Whew...lots of spreadsheet work tonight, but finally done. All of the Week 2 results are now online, in addition to the final results from Week 1.

Congrats to rw4, jwwahly and Lee L - the winners of the 10 random points drawing.

Once again, no trifecta bonus winners, although several had 3 of the 4 correct. Maybe next week!

Enjoy!

2. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    You picked some good questions this week. At first I thought the previews gave the answers to them... but that was an obviously false conclusion. Only the bootee was correctly listed by most spoiler sites, and the pictures of the box in the camp of Mogo Mogo which most of us thought proved they were reward challenge winners messed a bunch of us up.

I'm glad I didn't vote in the total points poll yet either... I think I'm going to go for a much lower number than what I originally considered as spoilers seem to be pretty thin this game.

And for those of you down in 141st place... don't despair... remember the game is young yet. And at worst, if you keep voting every week you might win the Last Place prize.

3. jwwahly

jwwahly Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 21, 2003
    Well at the rate im going random points just might be my only hope. :( Hey mark can i still get the HD TIVO for the worst possible finish ever :hurah: :D

4. buzzdalf

buzzdalf Godfather

Jan 27, 2003
    Mark - do you have a statistic on if the past early leaders end up actually winning.

I know a better stat - how about a week by week position report for the past winners.
    It could be interesting. Or it could be a lot of trouble for nothing, too.

5. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    The first stat...let me go back and look through the data...

Survivor: Pearl Islands - Boma won the grand prize, and the first time he led the pack was in Week #3, but he didn't lead the way the entire contest.

Survivor: Amazon - The Unthinkable and kencde won the grand prizes, The Unthinkable first led the pack in Week #5 (but didn't keep the lead all the way through) and kencde moved to the top in the final week. BTW, kencde is elligible to win All-Stars if he's playing, as he chose not to take the Directivo receiver that was being given away.

Survivor: Thailand - CoryTV won the contest, but I don't have the weekly data for that one here. It seems to me that he started leading early, and pretty much held the lead through to the end, maybe with the exception of a week or 2.

I think the 2nd stat you're asking about is a lot of work for very little meaning. Especially now that I'm making the game much more spoiler-free.

6. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Um, what position did YOU have Mark... since you've been the actual winner for most of these. ;)

7. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Danny -

As I recall, I came from behind in Thailand. May have led one or two weeks towards the end, but it was the perfect voting on my part the final week that put me over the top.

Amazon I slowly moved up throughout the contest, and took the lead once again in the last week, although I was in 2nd place in the second to last week.

Pearl Islands I stuggled along in the middle of the pack most of the way until the end when I squeaked out 3rd place.

Don't remember Marquesas, and don't have the data to check for that one.

8. Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    I would like to win. Everyone should just let me win because my icon is a monkey, and monkeys are cute. ;)

9. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Capmeister: going by that logic, then I'm a shoe-in. ;)