1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WEEK #2: Which Tribe is Shown With Fire First?

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Mark Lamutt, Feb 2, 2004.

WEEK #2: Which Tribe is Shown With Fire First?

1. [color=red][size=2]Chapera[/size][/color]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. [color=green][size=2]Mogo Mogo[/size][/color]

18 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. [color=brown][size=2]Saboga[/size][/color]

79 vote(s)
    56.8%
  4. [size=2]None of the tribes get fire in Days 4-6 (episode #2)[/size]

29 vote(s)
    20.9%
  5. [size=2]More than one of the tribes are shown with fire first at the same time, so it's not possible

13 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. Feb 2, 2004 #1 of 16
    Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Which tribe is shown on the air as the first to obtain a lit fire in their camp? Not smoke, but actual flames in their camp.

This poll is worth 5 points.

Poll closes on February 4th at Midnight EST.

2. Feb 2, 2004 #2 of 16
    Randy_B

Randy_B Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    I don't understand why Kathy's tribe doesn't have fire. They should have had it within 5 minutes of landing, SHE IS WEARING GLASSES (use a lens as magnifying glass!). Duh.

3. Feb 3, 2004 #3 of 16
    toddjb

toddjb Legend

May 7, 2002
    Wow...the Kathy point is an interesting one. Are they that dim or were they told not to use any tools brought with them? hmmmmm.

I personally don't understand what is going on with Richard. Last game he caught fish to make himself valuable. You would think that buy aligning with others and making the fire as claimed he'd be better in with them. Seems to me this early in the game he is just setting himself up to be voted off. Him running around bottomless has lost its shock value and he's just a freak to the rest...

I like the Rudy/Rupert alliance. That makes good sense.

4. Feb 4, 2004 #4 of 16
    jcrash

jcrash Legend

Jul 21, 2002
    Well, let's just say he has nothing up HIS SLEEVE.

Don't assume he would make fire the way they were trying to make fire.

5. Feb 4, 2004 #5 of 16
    Randy_B

Randy_B Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    It is sad to watch a fool refuse to recognize his "15 minutes" are up. I think a Rupert/Rudy/Ethan alliance would be very good and pretty strong. All 3 seem pretty "honorable" at least as much as is possible in a situation like this.

6. Feb 4, 2004 #6 of 16
    phillipsfamily

phillipsfamily Mentor

Oct 3, 2002
    Mark,

Sorry to hit you with this question at the last minute, but how is the last option in your list of answers possible? As I understand the question we are not interested in who actually gets fire first, but in who is SHOWN getting fire first. Unless they edit the show to have a split screen showing 2 tribes with fire at the same time, there would have to be one tribe shown with it first.

7. Feb 4, 2004 #7 of 16
    Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    No problem. I also don't think the last option is possibe, but I'm trying to avoid any confusion by giving every option that I can possibly think of, no matter how far-fetched. I had the split-screen scenario in mind when I added this last option to the poll. You just never know until it happens...

8. Feb 4, 2004 #8 of 16
    Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    I know this happend on the last season. Will the ruling be determined by what team is shown as having fire first or will you try to determine based on the footage who had it first. This question last time resulted in some confusion in my mind.

9. Feb 4, 2004 #9 of 16
    Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    That's why the question is worded this way this time. Determined by which team is *shown* first with fire in their camp.

10. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Well, let's just say he has nothing up HIS SLEEVE.

With six days down, it seems certain that this particular rumor is false, or else the producers caught the supposed cheat and disallowed it.

What he was refering to was a rumor where Richard apparently snuck in some matches by hiding them on his body in a spot I doubt the producers checked.

---

Anyway, I definately missed this question. Poor Mogo Mogo didn't have fire till Day 5 and was decidely the LAST team to have it.

11. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Official ruling: We saw Chapera light their fire first.

12. bgilmore

bgilmore Cool Member

Feb 12, 2003
    If the question was about which team was shown first then how can you have this answer?

More than one of the tribes are shown with fire first at the same time, so it's not possible to determine.

I feel that because this was one of the answers that you meant that which team has fire first (not who is shown making fire). Please do not give us choices to vote for if they are not possible answers.
    Billy

13. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    Have you ever heard of split screen or PIP. Though a remote possibility, that is one of the possible outcomes.

Figuring out who actually got fire first would be next to impossible unless Jeff told us and I don't see why he would. This question was worded that way on the last contest and turned out to be rather confusing and resulted in an answer I disagreed with.

If you look at the thread, I actually ask for clarification because I did not want what happend last time. One was shown to get fire and then the other team was shown right after getting fire. Since it was hard to tell who go fire first the answer was not the first tribe to be shown. This was a high subjective question on the last contest and I think the fact it does say "SHOWN" in the question makes it much clearer and less subjective.

I learned my lesson on this one and I am going to read the questions a bit more carefully.

14. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Why would you think I meant which team got fire first, when I specifically asked which team would be SHOWN with fire first?

The last choice was there on the off chance that they would have shown a split screen with 2 or all 3 tribes lighting their fires. Stranger things have happened on this show in the past.

15. bgilmore

bgilmore Cool Member

Feb 12, 2003
    I was not meaning to get you upset, I just did not know what you meant about more than one tribe getting fire at the same time.

16. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    I'm not upset at all. I was trying to be clear as I possibly could with this question while still covering all of the bases that I could possibly come up with, and was curious as to what about it made it unclear for you. That's all. :)