WEEK #3: Does a Tribe (or Tribes) Get Another Lockbox Key This Week?

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Mark Lamutt, Feb 6, 2004.

WEEK #3: Does a Tribe (or Tribes) Get Another Lockbox Key This Week?

1. [size=2]No Tribes Get a Key This Week.[/size]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. [size=2]Yes - ONE Tribe Gets a Key.[/size]

9 vote(s)
    7.8%
  3. [size=2]Yes - TWO Tribes Get a Key.[/size]

66 vote(s)
    56.9%
  4. [size=2]Yes - ALL THREE Tribes Get a Key.[/size]

41 vote(s)
    35.3%
  1. Feb 6, 2004 #1 of 18
    Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    The lockboxes (that screwed most people up that view the spoiler sites - way to go Mark Burnett!) were introduced last week on the show. The boxes have 3 locks that have to be opened before the contents can be accessed. The boxes contain rice.

Last week, to receive the key, the Reward Challenge winning tribe had to sacrifice their winnings to be awarded a clue that would lead them to the location of the hidden key. The catch was that if they took the deal, the other two tribes would also get the clues to their keys.

So, the question is, does one or all of the tribes get their hands on another key this week?

This poll is worth 3 points.

Polls close Wednesday at Midnight EST February 11th.

2. buzzdalf

buzzdalf Godfather

Jan 27, 2003
    Now this is get a key, not get a clue to the key, right?

3. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Yes - this question has nothing to do with the clue. It's all about the key in the hand.

4. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    And your time is running out to vote.

5. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    So if the winner of the reward challange is given a clue to the key and they go get the key would the answer be "No tribe gets a Key this week?"

6. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Huh? I can't make any sense out of your question. If one tribe finds a key, then the answer is YES - One Tribe Gets a Key.

If two tribes find a key, then the answer is YES - Two Tribes Get a Key.

If three tribes find a key, then the answer is YES - Three Tribes Get a Key.

If none of the tribes find a key, then the answer is No Tribes Get a Key This Week.

7. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    That is what I figured. Thanks for the clarification. Sorry for the confusing question, but I was tyring to clarify the question asked at the top of the thread.

8. dbkelly

dbkelly AllStar

Sep 20, 2002
    Mark, Just to be clear. At the end of the show, the total tally of "newly found" keys (in hand) is the answer to this question. Right?

"newly found" keys was added because the tribes already have 1 key each.

9. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    "Get a Key This Week" - has nothing to do with previously found keys.

10. buzzdalf

buzzdalf Godfather

Jan 27, 2003
    wow.
    We aren't making this easy on you, are we.
    hehe

11. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Yup...

12. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Official Ruling: No Tribes Get a Key This Week. We saw the clues in the episode, but we didn't see any keys gotton.

13. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    I can't fgure out what is going on with the keys. Are the tribes just not looking for them or the search is just so dull it is not worth showing on TV?

14. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    I suspect that the search was sacrificed because there wasn't enough time in the episode to show it and to show the long reward challenge, and to show enough with Jenna Morasca.

But, I was also surprised that it wasn't shown as well.

15. phillipsfamily

phillipsfamily Mentor

Oct 3, 2002
    Mark,

I'm a little concerned that people might read this and think that all your questions are intended to have the "is shown" or "is seen" requirement attached to it. I took this question to mean that a lockbox key would not have to be necessarily shown, but just talked about. But since what they actually received were clues to the key, I have to agree with your ruling. If the question had been:

"Does a Tribe (or Tribes) get another CLUE to a lockbox key this week"

then I would say the answer was (2), regardless of wether or not they were actually shown getting them.

16. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Well, most of the questions have to be "Do we see" type questions to quell a lot of the uproar that's happened in the past - many times we didn't see something in the episode, but then heard about it through the CBS website updates. Players were getting angry that I was basing rulings on the episodes and not on the websites. So, now, questions are completely based on the episodes as edited and shown. As far as the contest is concerned, unless a question specifically says otherwise, if it didn't get shown in the episode, it didn't happen out there.

17. Cat

Cat New Member

Feb 19, 2003
    This is so confusing. You are saying questions and answers can't be based off of a website, yet this very discussion is happening on a website, so does this discussion and your answers hold no validity?

Also, what defines a "key"? Can't a clue in essence be a key to finding a key? If this is true than a clue is a key. What locksmith experience do you have be the grand authority on defining a "key"?

Ya know, we paid a lot of money to participate in this contest. We are all doing the same amount of work as you to run this contest. Also, it isn't as if this contest is for the enjoyment of others....oh wait, ...oh yea...you are running this contest for free, you are doing all of the work and it is for the enjoyment of others. Ugh.... Never mind.

Seriously, this was simply a convenient thread to post frustrations that have built up previously over the audacity of the argumentative crap that has been sent your way.

18. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Cat - :lol: