WEEK #3: How Many Fish Do We See Rupert Bring In This Week?

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Mark Lamutt, Feb 6, 2004.

WEEK #3: How Many Fish Do We See Rupert Bring In This Week?

1. [size=2]None[/size]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. [size=2]One[/size]

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. [size=2]Two[/size]

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. [size=2]Three[/size]

20 vote(s)
    25.6%
  5. [size=2]Four[/size]

21 vote(s)
    26.9%
  6. [size=2]Five[/size]

17 vote(s)
    21.8%
  7. [size=2]More Than Five[/size]

6 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Fun question here. There seems to be a fishing rivalry trying to develop between Rupert and Ethan. Ethan tries to make himself useful to the tribe so he doesn't get the boot, but we all know that Rupert is the fishing god of Survivor.

So, how many fish to we see him provide to his tribe this week?

Poll is worth 5 points.

Polls close Wednesday February 11th at Midnight EST.

2. Randy_B

Randy_B Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    This is how many do we "see", correct. Say we see him carry in one, but then he or someone else sez "great, this the third fish today" (but they do not show him bring in or clean or cook the others), the answer is one?

3. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    I've learned from my past mistakes. We have to see the fish onscreen, regardless of what discussion may reveal otherwise. If they talk about Rupert bringing in 27 fish, but we only see 2 of them, then the answer is 2.

That's why the question IS NOT worded "How many fish to Rupert bring in?"

4. buzzdalf

buzzdalf Godfather

Jan 27, 2003
    I already voted, but now you got me thinking.

What about if we see Rupert carry 3 fish in from the ocean, but they have a container with 10 fish in it on the beach. Rupert adds the 3 fish to the container, shows the camera all 13 fish, and carries the container into camp and someone walks up and says "WOW, 13 fish already Rupert". Is that 3 or 13? We only actually saw him catch 3 fish, but we saw him bring 13 fish into camp.

Or another variation - Rupert carries 3 fish in from the ocean and adds them to a container holding other fish at the beach. Someone runs up to Rupert and grabs the container, takes the container into camp and show everyone how many fish there are. So Rupert doesn't actually Bring any fish into the camp itself.

Edit: Don't take this too seriously, I'm just passing time until my 12:30 meeting :)

5. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    If there's a container full of fish already in camp, and someone says "Wow more fish Rupert" or something like that, we didn't see him catch the fish in the container, so they don't count. Only the fish that we see him bring in count.

As for your other variation, we'll consider the beach to be part of their camp, unless he catches the fish on another island.

6. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    And your time is running out to vote.

7. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Official Ruling: We saw Rupert bring in ONE fish. Others were indeed talked about, but we only saw the one in the episode.

8. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Yay... got this one right.

Checking for Trifecta's will be easy this week. I am one of the two folks who guessed one fish, but I didn't win Trifecta as I missed the key vote. Thus Mark only has to check on one other person.