WEEK #4: Will They Be Happy With What They Find?

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Mark Lamutt, Oct 3, 2003.

WEEK #4: Will They Be Happy With What They Find?

1. Happy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Apathetic

83.8%
  3. Angry

9.5%
  4. Some other emotion that isn't one of the above / None of the Above

6.8%
  1. Oct 3, 2003 #1 of 13
    Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Here's the question:

If Drake finds their treasure chest first, what will Rupert's reaction to the contents inside be?

If Morgan finds their treasure chest first, what will Andrew's reaction to the contents inside be?

I don't care what anyone else on either tribe feels about the contents of the chest. What will Rupert or Andrew's reaction be?

This question will be a judgment call made by me. Deal with it. :)

This poll is worth 2 points.

2. Oct 3, 2003 #2 of 13
    Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Just to be sure, please clarify the following:

If Andrew or Rupert are booted when their respective chest is found, is the answer "Some other emotion..." ?

3. Oct 3, 2003 #3 of 13
    Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Yes. I've added "None of the Above" to the "Some other emotion" option to cover that unlikely possibility.

4. Oct 3, 2003 #4 of 13
    Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Although if I were booted, I'd be angry. ;)

5. Oct 3, 2003 #5 of 13
    Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Yeah, but they wouldn't be there to see what the contents of the treasure chest are, would they? :)

6. Oct 7, 2003 #6 of 13
    Beardedbosn

Beardedbosn Mentor

Dec 9, 2002
    Mark, maybe I am dense :confused: , but giving only one set of emotions and no choice between Andrew or Ruppert says that whichever tribe finds it, Andrew or Ruppert will have the same reaction to the contents. Chris

7. Oct 7, 2003 #7 of 13
    Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    The question depends on which tribe finds the chest FIRST. If Drake finds the chest first, then Rupert's reactions are what are polled. If Morgan finds the chest first, then its Andrews. You'll just have to guess not only what the emotion will be (if Rupert is dissappointed for example that the chest only holds dry rice) but also guess which tribe finds it first, all squeezed together in one question.

Of course the tricky answer is what if one tribe is at first happy, but then on reflection wishs the chest had something else. Since the question is definitively subjective, we are all at Mark's mercy. ;)

8. Oct 8, 2003 #8 of 13
    Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Danny R has nailed it. That's exactly what the question is asking.

9. Oct 8, 2003 #9 of 13
    Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Polls close TONIGHT!

10. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Official ruling: I'm accepting both "Apathetic" and "None of the Above" because we never actually saw Rupert's face when they were opening and unpacking the chest. He definitely wasn't jumping up and down for joy, and he wasn't one of the ones interviewed in voice over about being upset over the contents of the chest.

11. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    Way to go CBS for packing that chest real nicely. :rolleyes:

12. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Or at the very least they could have sealed it up a little better to keep the water out...

13. Wildfire_36

Wildfire_36 AllStar

Sep 16, 2002
    more realistic that way, when you find an old buried treasure chest, not everything has survived in it. And if they had found it on the first map then some of the stuff would have been in better shape.