WEEK #6: How Many Votes Are Cast Against the Survivor That Leaves?

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Mark Lamutt, Feb 28, 2004.

WEEK #6: How Many Votes Are Cast Against the Survivor That Leaves?

1. [size=2]Zero[/size]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. [size=2]Three[/size]

17 vote(s)
    14.2%
  3. [size=2]Four[/size]

4 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. [size=2]Five[/size]

58 vote(s)
    48.3%
  5. [size=2]Six[/size]

27 vote(s)
    22.5%
  6. [size=2]Some other number not in the list[/size]

14 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    A question straight from the past...

At Tribal Council, how many votes are cast against the Survivor that leaves?

This poll will be worth a minimum of 3 points. But, if more than 3 votes are cast against the leaving Survivor, this poll will be worth points equal to the number of votes cast against the leaving Survivor. No negative points with this poll.

So, if the vote ends up 4-2 or 4-3, this poll is worth 4 points. If the vote ends up 5-1 or 5-2, this poll is worth 5 points. If the vote ends up 6-1, this poll is worth 6 points. If the vote ends up being a tie, and the tiebreaker involves voting a 2nd time, this poll will be worth 10 points.

This poll closes Wednesday, March 3 at Midnight EST.

2. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    What if there is a deadlock? The last time there was a deadlock (2-2), the elimination was determined not by the number of previous votes cast, but by a random draw of rocks. Pappy, who had no votes cast against him, ended up leaving.

3. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    In that case, Pappy, who left, had no votes cast against him. So the answer for this poll would be ZERO.

I suppose it's possible that a person with 1 or 2 votes against them could be voted out of the game under this scenerio. So, if that happens, (I find it extremely unlikely), I'll still count ZERO as the correct answer, rather than adding 1 and 2 as options.

4. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Another question I've been asked:

The question reads "At Tribal Council, how many votes..." So, if someone leaves the game by some other means than at tribal council AND someone is voted out at Tribal Council, then this question ONLY refers to the person voted out at Tribal Council, with the correct answer being the number of votes cast to vote that person out of the game.

Another permutation - if 2 people are voted out at Tribal Council, then the number of votes for EITHER of the 2 people will be considered correct for this poll.

Another permuation - if 1 person leaves the game AT Tribal Council, and another person gets voted out AT Tribal Council, then the correct answer will be the number of votes cast against the person getting voted out and the person leaving the game will be ignored.

5. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    If the vote ends up being a tie, and the tiebreaker involves voting a 2nd time, this poll will be worth 10 points.

Do tiebreaker votes count in the total, or just the original or final tallies?

6. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Tiebreaker votes count. If first round of voting ends up being 3-3 and then another vote happens that ends up being 3-1, the total votes would be 6, and the poll would be worth 10 points.

7. Mar 1, 2004 #7 of 11
    cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    Good grief. You need a PhD in statistics to figure all this out. No wonder we had the problems in Florida in 2000.

8. Mar 3, 2004 #8 of 11
    Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Poll closes tonight at Midnight EST!

9. Mar 4, 2004 #9 of 11
    Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    No tribal council, so there were no votes cast against Sue. The correct answer to this poll is "Zero" and this poll is worth 3 points.

10. rjenkins

rjenkins Legend

Jul 18, 2002
    Just wanted to point out that on the results spreadsheet you show this as 5 points. Since at the end it's usually only a couple points separating first and second, this might be important.

Not that there's a chance in hell that I'll be anywhere near the top at the end of the game. :)

11. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Gulp...you're right. I screwed that one up. 5 points to rjenkins for catching my error and calling me on it! I'll get it fixed tonight and update the website with the correct data. 2 points may very well make a difference.