Week #7 Rule Changes - PLEASE READ!

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Mark Lamutt, Oct 25, 2002.

1. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Beginning this week, polls double in value - so, Reward Challenge and Immunity Challenge polls are now worth 2 points each, and the Survivor Voted Out poll is worth 4 points. In all 3 polls, you will be voting for an individual survivor, not tribes because the merge will most likely happen in the next episode. So, from this point on, up to the final episode, there will be 8 points available each week.

Traditionally there has been no reward challenge in the episode that the tribes merge. I suspect this trend will continue, and there won't be a reward challenge this week. But, I am going to put up a Reward Challenge poll anyways. Earlier this week in the email that I sent to all of you I said that if there wasn't a reward challenge, then I would be discarding the poll and the points. After rethinking this, I have changed my opinion. Here's how the point scoring this week will work:

If the tribes merge as scheduled in this episode:

If there is a reward challenge in the episode, then the reward challenge poll will be scored as normal - with the winner of the challenge worth 2 points to those that voted for the winner.

If there is no reward challenge in the episode, then everyone that votes in the poll will receive 1 point, no matter who they vote for. The only way not to get the point is not to vote.

Immunity and Survivor Voted Out polls will be scored normally (2 points and 4 points).

If the tribes don't merge as scheduled in this episode:

Everyone that votes in the Reward Challenge poll will receive 1 point. Everyone that votes in the Immunity Challenge will receive 1 point. The only way not to get these points is not to vote.

Survivor Voted Out will be scored as normal (4 points).

Any questions?

2. CoryTV

CoryTV Cool Member

Sep 18, 2002
    If the tribes don't merge, the immunity challenge will be won by a tribe, rather than an individual, what then?

3. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Well, the new CBS promo for this week's episode that they started showing today confirms that the tribes will merge.

But, if they don't then everyone that votes in the Immunity poll gets 1 point.

4. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Until we get a positive tribe merger, I suggest having 5 polls open. 2 in the old style, having tribe winning reward and immunity, and 2 in the new style with individuals winning reward and immunity, and finally of course the last vote for the person voted out. Just toss out the 2 votes that don't make sense.

5. CoryTV

CoryTV Cool Member

Sep 18, 2002
    to make it more challenging, Mark could add "Chuay Gahn" and "Sook Jai" as choices in the existing poll...