Week #8 polls

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Mark Lamutt, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Week #8 polls aren't going online tonight. They'll be up sometime tomorrow.

And I'm going to try very hard to actually come up with questions that aren't completely spoiled with the spoilers this week...

2. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Well, the usual who gets voted out is still good, as we have no idea who'll win the immunity challenge next show. The usual question about which tribe goes to tribal council is really redundant however combined with the boot vote, as by choosing a boot you are also choosing a team.

Since this challenge took place on a usual reward challenge day, I don't think we'll see one of those next show, so that usual question is probably a bad choice.

You could try and determine who might come back, but spoiler sites have lots of speculation on that which might be true. A question guessing how many votes the lead Outcast gets from their other exiles might be interesting.

All in all I prefer more complex questions than simple yes/no, or Morgan/Drake. Makes the game more challenging.

3. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Hence why the polls aren't going up tonight...This week really left a bad taste in my mouth because all of my questions were spoiled. So, I'm taking a little extra time to think about different kinds of questions that can be asked.

4. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    I sent a few suggestions to you via PM. At least one poll could go up because the outcasts have immunity. The question is... which two?

5. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Just noticed the 3rd question pop up. Are there going to be the usual 4 questions, and thus one more to go?

6. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    One more to go... :)

7. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Congrats. Those are some excellent questions this week. I'm betting nobody gets a Trifecta this round.

8. Nov 1, 2003 #8 of 11
    Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Thanks Danny. And thanks to Mark Holtz and phillipsfamily for providing suggestions.

I think these will be a little more challenging this week...lots of spoilers out there, but not (at least so far) to these exact queries.

9. Nov 1, 2003 #9 of 11
    sorahl

sorahl Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Oct 24, 2002
    Mark,
    seriously thanks for your work on this. It's a really tough position to be in but you consistently 1)make it fun to sort of interact with Survivor and 2) get all of us to interact with one another in something NON DBS related.

Hats off...

Sorahl

10. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    :)

That's why I put myself through this craziness.

11. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    Hear Hear