Week #8 Scoring

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Mark Lamutt, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Here's the first scoring information for Week #8:

In a very interesting turn with the Random Points bonus award this week, 2 of the 3 players drawn are ONCE AGAIN awarded the points...

Congratulations to TWood (sure to throw a twist into the "Who's Leading" poll this week!), Getcrafty and Humpman!

And yes, this drawing is as truly random as I can possibly make it - first I take a list of the players that voted in all of the week's polls. I sort the list many, many times based on a random number generator, and then I ask my wife (who knows almost nothing about this contest, other than the fact that I run it) to pick three numbers. Those numbers are then correlated with the randomized list of players.

2. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Congratulations to TWood (sure to throw a twist into the "Who's Leading" poll this week!)

Whew! It put him tied in first place going in. Luckily his answers don't jive with mine, so it doesn't effect my voting at all. ;)

ADDED: If my math is correct, it looks like boma has the lead before the Leading and Trifecta are calculated, jumping two points ahead of phillipsfamily, and thus also winning the trifecta and taking a sizable first place position. Jason, DrBarkingDog and Randy_B also win trifecta's, and all move quite a bit up in the standings. Congrats to you lucky dogs. ;)

TWood, while winning the random points and momentarily being tied for first, misses every question and the leaders sprint by.

3. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Here's the rest of the scoring data. Of course, complete results can be viewed on the scoring website.

Congratulations to boma, Jason, DrBarkingDog and Randy_B for foiling my attempts this week to award no trifecta bonus points! Either great deduction reasoning was shown by you guys, or you got really lucky! Either way, congratulations!

boma now does have a pretty big lead, but with 57 points available each week until the end, his lead isn't that big... :)

4. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    True, this game has changed leaders almost every week. This is boma's third time in the #1 position. Only tcriley has been in first place more often, and now he's a ways down in the pack (and I'm sure itching for a lucky trifecta break!)

Trifecta's certainly are the name of the game this season. ;)

5. boma

boma Cool Member

Aug 14, 2002
    This contest WILL come down to the very last episode. Luck, a guess, & a prayer has helped.

I strongly encourage all voters to vote exactly as I do in the future 'cause when I screw up, then every one else will.

BTW,Thanks for voting for me Mark. You JUST missed the trifecta.

Gona get real interesting.

6. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Yes, the trifectas are very important, and I really believe that the winner will be determined by the final week as well.

You're welcome, boma. :) Lucky guess on my part...one number off, and I would have been up there towards the top with you...oh well. There's still time for me to make my comeback! :D

7. jcrash

jcrash Legend

Jul 21, 2002
    Scoring Link for those like me that wish there was a sticky for it.
    SCORES

8. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    one number off, and I would have been up there towards the top with you

One number off, and boma wouldn't have been the winner but phillipsfamily would, with me right behind him. ;)

You should have heard the groans I made when I realized that the tribe was going to have two ballots in one polling round! I totally didn't expect that voting scenario, where second choice votes would also count. :(