Week 8 votes are actually there...

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by CoryTV, Nov 8, 2002.

1. CoryTV

CoryTV Cool Member

Sep 18, 2002
    I guess Mark forgot to change the main page, but the voting summary is actually up.

http://survivor.dbstalk.com/week8.html

Nobody in the top half picked Erin! :eek:

The highest-ranking person to pick Erin was karl_f, with 6 points as of week 7, Congrats!!! (One of only 2 people to get full points this week. Impressive.)

It appears as though the top 5 will each gain 2 points, keeping the intervals the same.

None of this is official of course, just my surmise.:hi:

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    I haven't gotton to the index page yet. I'll get the results up later today...sorry for the delay! :blush:

3. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Ok, week #8 results are up.

4. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    ROTFL!

I think its hilareous that all the top people picked Helen as their choice for immunity... more than likely based on the fact that its an underwater challenge and she's a navy swim instructor (at least thats why I chose her). And who did Chewy sit out?

Sometimes this game defies logic!

5. CoryTV

CoryTV Cool Member

Sep 18, 2002
    you nailed it. I thought the same thing when I saw it. I thought "WHAT IS CHUAY GAHN THINKING!?!?" Then again, Survivor has been known to lie about "occupations" Maybe she's like a school teacher or something... It shows how close those top positions really are!!!

6. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    I sat there dumfounded that they sat Helen out of the underwater challenge! You take your arguably strongest water person and sit her out of a purely water challenge???

And what was S-J thinking voting out Erin? She isn't the manipulative one, she wasn't the one that came up first after only 9 seconds underwater! What's up with that???

And where the hell was the reward challenge?!? I hate it when they screw up my game! :D

7. CoryTV

CoryTV Cool Member

Sep 18, 2002
    It's pretty simple really. (In hindsight, of course. :( ) It also shows how much of a backstabber Penny is. Erin was apparently was Penny's sidekick the whole time. The Sook Jai's, not knowing how many ICs would be left as a tribe, picked the weakest person to go-- mentally, definitely, and it's a toss-up physically. Penny has shown she's got no gift for the water, but Ken & Jake seem to want to let her think she's running the show. So, she suggests Erin as the sacraficial Lamb--from her perspective, the most pragmatic boot, and essentially offers Erin up as an apology for her (poor IC performance. Ken and Jake go along, rather than risk a 2-2 tie.

8. chessmaster1010

chessmaster1010 Mentor

May 29, 2002
    Is it possible that the teams are required to pick who will sit out for a challenge in advance? After explaining the challenge Jeff somtimes says "You're sitting out..." like its a done deal. Even when he asks "Who are you sitting out?", the team always answers immediately without any discussion, as if it had already been decided.

9. Bill D

Bill D Godfather

May 10, 2002
    Possible, but I think the quick response you are seeing is just editing. Think about how much stuff is going on in between everything, the whole show is an edit of what they want you to see..
    Still not sure why they sat Helen