Weird Genie Issue?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Khaetra, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Khaetra

Khaetra Member

Aug 25, 2015
    Florida
    I've had my Genie HR44 for just over a year and love the heck out of it, but it has an weird quirk. For instance, last night I was watching football and had set Air Disasters on Smithsonian to record. Five minutes before recording, up popped a message saying something like "In order to record this program, Genie must switch to that channel", then at 8 pm when the recording started it did switch over but I had no error message or anything when I switched back to football. Is this normal or might there be something wrong with my Genie? I only had that program set to record and nothing else if that makes a difference.

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    It's a glitch with DIRECTV. Recently with scheduled recordings I've received the same message on my HR54-200.

1 person likes this.
  3. Khaetra

Khaetra Member

Aug 25, 2015
    Florida
    Okay thank you :)

4. Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye AllStar

Jun 9, 2012
    I've also discovered that if you cancel recordings from the guide (rather than the to-do list) that it creates "phantom" tuner conflicts because the canceled program can't be deleted from the to-do list after it had been cancelled from the guide.

[For what that's worth.]

5. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Certainly an annoyance when it happens, but it has, so far, allowed to go right back to the other show.

But if you're not live watching that show (pauses and rewinds), make sure you hit record on the show you're watching so you don't lose anything.