1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird New Problem with one of my 622's

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by the admiral, Jan 19, 2013.

1. the admiral

the admiral New Member

May 30, 2007
    I have two identical 622's running L713 software. One runs great but the other one has started doing weird things. When the weather is great outside, it gets that picture like when you get bad rain or wind fade, so bad it is un-watchable.

To be more specific, the moving part of each picture seems to smear and pixelate horribly. When it gets really bad, the machine shuts down and reboots.

I have great signal strength on this box and the other 622 shares this same dish.

Any ideas. The box is 5+ years old.

2. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    I would run a checkswitch to see if it helps. If not, try swapping boxes, re running a checkswitch on each box and see if the issue remains in that room or if it follows the receiver. If its rebooting, I would also temporarily bypass your surge protector to see if it helps.

3. peano

peano Icon

Feb 1, 2004
    I suspect the hard drive is failing.

4. the admiral

the admiral New Member

May 30, 2007
    I have it on an APC UPS, could that be the problem?

5. Grandude

Grandude RichardParker II

Oct 21, 2004
    Shouldn't be a problem. I have everything running on various UPS's. Even have a small one powering the DPP44 switch.

6. Rduce

Rduce Legend

May 15, 2008
    I have to agree with what has already been posted, hard drive, not surprising considering it is a 622, probably original hard drive.

7. the admiral

the admiral New Member

May 30, 2007
    I tried doing check switch, removing UPS etc.. Still acting up. I have realized that it mainly messes up when there are two programs recording at the same time. Does that sound like the disk drive?

Also, if I have to replace the unit, can back it up with the External Hard Drive and reload on the new unit?

8. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012

Yes and Yes

9. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Actually I used to have a similar issue. It turned out to be a bad LNB. There is record of system health in the menu. I'm not at home right now to tell you how to find it right now. DPP+ LNB's do go bad over time, they start to drift. My problem went away when E* replaced it.