1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by tigercat74, Sep 5, 2012.

1. tigercat74

tigercat74 Mentor

Mar 25, 2007
    I don't usually watch live tv except to watch football games. This weekend I was watching two games at the same time with the double play buffering both games so I could skip commercials. The games were on ESPN and ESPN2. Once I caught up with the live real feed the screen went black on both tuners. I thought if I turned the channel it would be fine but no matter which channel I would turn it on it still would be a black channel with no sound. Everything else was fine. I could bring up my playlist, the guide and any menu options. Eventually I had to red button reset and then everything was fine. This happened on the HR24 in my living room.

Then on Monday I was watching the game on ESPN on the HR24 in my bedroom and it did the same thing. This time I rewound a few seconds and I thought it fixed it. So I went to bed and the next day I went to watch some shows I recorded on Tuesday and once I started the playback the recorded show was black and asked me to delete the program. This did it on three separate shows all recorded on the same channel. I tried to watch the live feed but it was all black again and I had to restart the receiver.

So that is my problem. If anybody knows what is causing this, I would appreciate a heads up. Thanks in advance.

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    You didn't mention whether you did a restart of the DVR?

3. tigercat74

tigercat74 Mentor

Mar 25, 2007
    Sorry. I assume did I restart the bedroom HR24 after the game on Monday. I did not but I did after I found that the recordings were blank. After the restart, it was working right.